Sunday, May 9, 2010

My NEXT ADVENTURE..............


Yes, we English gals "The Four Broads Abroad"
(Paula, Jen, Babs, and yours truly), will be off on our safari this Wednesday, May 12. 
Excited? You bet! 
Nervous? A wee bit!!!

This NEXT ADVENTURE will be a new one for three of us....whereas Paula will be ticking off visit #17 to Africa......thank goodness we have an experienced leader to hold our hands and carry our baggage - just kidding, she has enough to carry with all her camera equipment!


My compass - on a very special chain which belonged to Paula's late husband who loved Africa almost as much as we loved him.

Paula has been to just about every known corner on the planet but Africa remains her favorite...............mainly because of her interest in the animals.  She's been to places that are still 'no place for a lady' or anyone else who isn't fearless and very gutsy, believe you me!  Having a generous friend who is willing to take us with her, show us the amazing sights and sounds of a continent most of us would never have the chance to visit, and do it all in a first class way, is fabulous. 
Once again, true friends are the best.  I am definitely blessed.

Postscript:  I received another gift!  I just have to show you the hilarious, but extremely thoughtful travel gift, from my dear friend Jenny of SuzAnna's Antiques.  When I stopped at the shop to say goodbye yesterday, she handed me this with a giggle and beaming smile!


A necessity for bush game drives when you can't hold it any longer! I've been told that first the guide searches behind a 'pea pee bush' to make sure there are no lurking lions, or worse!  Then you uncross your legs, cross your fingers instead, and hop out with your little roll and pray you'll be safe! There are no porta-potties in the African bush!  Thank you Jenny, I'll definitely be thinking of you dear, often!

12 comments:

  1. Your trip sounds so exciting. I wish I were going to. Be careful behind those bushes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehehe! I knew you would appreciate it!! Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. Travel toilet paper . . . the perfect gift for a safari. LOL
    Oh, I'm so excited for you, Mary. I can't wait to see all the wonderful posts that this trip will inspire.
    Have a fabulous time and be safe, my friend.
    Hugs ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mary, I wish you an adventure that you will hold in your heart forever. I just cannot imagine any place more exotic to visit.

    Larry and I are leaving for Wild and Wonderful West Virginia tomorrow...not quite on the same level as your adventure. I'm going home to visit elderly aunts and uncles and cousins.

    Awaiting your return...be safe.

    xoxoxo
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I am so excited for you. Have fun and be safe! Hugs, Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will love it! My husband went on a safari tour (Overseas Adventure Travel) a couple of years ago for three weeks and still talks about it constantly! Enjoy!!

    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This adventure sounds so exciting! I can't wait to see photos!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am excited!! Have a super great time!!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very funny! Jenny always thinks of the best stuff...if you need it, you'll be glad you have it! Do you have a journal to take with you? I don't want you to forget any details of your trip! Be safe and have a ball!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I am so excited for you! Also, congrads!!! You now have reached 10,000 viewers---WOW, how wonderful! You are one of a kind and I am SO glad to be a part of your very full life. Happy Mother's Day Mary. We'll talk soon. Hugs and love,Mary Ann

    ReplyDelete
  11. What thoughtful gifts you have received from dear friends.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.