Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Sidetracked........................


Entry to the khaya (Zulu for 'home')

I thought I'd have my 'khaya' post ready for today but the unforeseen circumstances of last evening involving a table knocked over, onto a floor lamp which exploded, and a full glass of red wine painting a large ruby red map on the living room carpet........put everything on hold!  Guess who's coming by shortly.....yep, the carpet cleaner guy and hopefully he'll work magic or my DH will only be served Sauvignon Blanc from here on out..........and he so prefers a nice glass of vin rouge!!!!!!


Meanwhile I wish I was back here at Rattray's on MalaMala in South Africa, dipping my toes in  my plunge pool, no worries about domestic stuff...........


........................and sitting out here enjoying a lovely breakfast and getting ready to hit the trail for a game drive in the bush.

Looks like I am back in the real world after all and now all that's left is to dream about returning to Africa sometime in the future.

10 comments:

  1. Mary, good luck with the rescue efforts. LOL
    I'd like to be sitting out on that lovely deck this morning. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,

    Your pictures are just amazing. I have not had a chance to read all your posts about your trip but I will. Such a trip was always a dream of mine. I will enjoy yours.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the red wine. John usually drinks his on the porch. (He is a little clumsy.) Good luck with the carpet man. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful pictures and always love to read your posts..thank you again for sharing them!

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like you had a domino effect with the lamp and the wine! It's hard to come back from paradise to the mundane issues of our daily lives. Keep those dreams of returning alive!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry! Yep, you're back to real life now for sure!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting caught up with you has been a wonderful evening! I've been wanting to see all about your safari and just read through 21 of your posts! Such beautiful sights and animals and food and children. I especially love the leopards and lions. Victoria Falls is breathtaking. How awesome to have these memories forever.
    Hugs N Herbal Blessings, Mandy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isn't it fun to live in a fantasy for a few weeks when you are traveling. If only........

    Loving your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank goodness you knew about it right away. It drives me crazy when guests spill something, and then don't tell you.

    Dipping my toes in calming, cool water sounds good to me, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.