Saturday, April 30, 2011

A quick Saturday chat...................


..................about this and that.  


A new lady is hanging out on my dresser and currently adorned with two beautiful silk rose necklaces made by my talented friend Vanessa.  Go here and see how she is currently doing a lovely shabby chic style makeover in her home, and do congratulate her on becoming a US citizen this week!  This bust may eventually be for sale in my booth at SuzAnna's Antiques - she's classic and lovely.


Mirror, mirror on the wall................


..........my latest mirror acquisition..........you too buy lots of mirrors, don't you?  They really help enlarge and light a room, especially if reflecting something bright.  This one is across from another over the sofa. It's definitely old and quite imperfect with bits of trim missing, but it's lovely with the foxed glass.

 

Lastly, sharing the beauty of red-leaved plants.  If you haven't added some of these Coral Bells (Heuchera) to your garden you're missing out!  This one I've just popped into a rusted classic urn on the porch steps........a great change from always thinking green plants and shrubs. Yes, another mirror here on the porch!

I'm busy picking out and packing up for my trip across the pond next week.  Choosing what to take is always a chore for me when preparing to travel.  It could be chilly and damp among the hills and watery landscape of the Lake District up north, then warm and sunny down south at the shore in Devon..........but no matter, only one suitcase for two weeks, so layering is the name of the game.


8 comments:

  1. Your lady certainly is lovely! I adore old mirrors.

    Off to visit Vanessa..
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful mirrors. I don't envy you having to choose a wardrobe for your trip to fit in one suitcase for 2 weeks however, I certainly would love to be going on the trip to England. I wish you safe travels and a wonderful visit. Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your mirror and new "lady friend". Have a great trip across the pond...I love the UK and can't wait to return. The drudge of packing will all be worth it!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you dear! I'm always so honored to be linked on yout blog. Love the lady!! If you bring to the shop, please, let me know! I would love to have her here at my home. It's been so nice to finally be able to "shabby chic" my little house. I'm loveing it! Looking forward to seeing you this Sunday!!!! Love you, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the same Heuchera and love to see it with the sun shining on the leaves.

    Hope you have a great trip to England!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely little lady and such pretty necklaces.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the necklace! Yes, I have so many mirrors too. Thinking of you guys in England!
    Take Care,
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the coral bells contract with your urn and the light-colored front porch. Do you know the name of that variety? I have some New Zealand Flax that is similar in color, and I love pairing it with silver or chartreuse plants.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.