Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stuck in a corner................


Well good for Google......they actually came through this time. Last year I had to abandon my original Across The Pond blog and start a completely new blog because, for some reason, altho' I paid for more storage, and they kept my money, I never was able to access it. I can now load pics again and keep this blog in full speed ahead mode!



My pale grey, beautiful Swedish style corner cabinet (which I love and want in my house but don't have a spare corner anywhere!), has ALMOST gone home with someone else twice during the past month.  Funny business this 'shopkeeping' where people fall in love with something, put it on hold, and then either disappear into the wild blue yonder, or change their mind, probably after finding something they love even more.  I have NOT minded one bit though because I don't want it to leave my booth really, in fact it's now wearing a new NFS tag for the time being!  






Yes, the corner cabinet is such a lovely display piece for my treasures and, until I return from England at the end of May, it's no longer for sale.  Then, and only then, will I have time to look for another large furniture piece to fill the void if it sells. If it does become genuinely desired, and is the perfect piece for someone who truly will love it and give it a home.........that nice person can call me in June!


Yesterday I found the perfect chandelier for my booth - hopefully a very charming gentleman with a tall ladder will assist me in getting it hung soon.......wait 'til you can see how gorgeous it is!

Have YOU found any fabulous treasures lately?

17 comments:

  1. What lovelies, Mary ... your shop is beautiful. Love old boxes & crates ...

    Have a beautiful weekend ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    FUN GIVEAWAY ENDS 4/10

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that beautiful corner cabinet in your shop! :-) I wish. I did find a plain oval ironstone plate by Charles Meakin this morning at a little gift store I frequent often. I saw it a few weeks ago and it was still there so bought it! That's all. Just a little dish for $8.00. Have a lovely day, Mary! Blessings, Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can understand why people would fall in love with the cupboard!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cabinet is perfect for the corner in your booth, I would have a difficult time letting that one go. I visited the antique mall recently mostly for eye candy and a chai. There is a pretty little pink teapot that keeps calling my name and I may have to return.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, what a beautiful booth you have!! I love that cupboard-it is just so beautiful! You have your booth arranged so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that corner cabinet and think you should definitely keep it! Hope youa re having a good week. Oh! I forgot to tell you, I'm a US citizen now. So much to say, so short time... I will email later. Love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, love seeing pics of your lovely space. I agree that the corner cabinet is great for display. ;-)
    ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can see many fabulous treasures there Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything looks amazing! Yay for you! Can't wait to see the new light :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have some beautiful things there and I hope you have some great sales.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to have the beautiful corner cabinet! I have not had time to look for any treasures lately. Hopefully, things will slow down soon and I will. Have a wonderful trip to England. Carla

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, pretties. I defnitely have to visit again.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary i love your new banner!!! Beautiful!

    I love your shop wish i lived closer! I love the corner cabinet painted grey. I have one and painted it white...now i am liking the grey lol!!
    Oh i can't wait to see this chandy!

    Pamela xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mary, your shop space is so beautiful! I'd love to pull up a chair, next to one of those gorgeous lamps, and page through an old book while listening to your blog playlist!

    You are a such an example of graceful living!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I'd love that corner cabinet, but I have run out of room too. Every time I see something that I'd like huge like that I get the look from you know who! Now I better get busy finishing things around the house here.
    Hugs to both of you!
    Ulrike

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi there,
    Beautiful blog and love the music selections. Out of Africa is one of my all time favorite movies! The corner cabinet is wonderful. I would love to borrow your little bluebird for my blog if I have your permission. My Dad used to say, "Have a bluebird day!" Have a beautiful weekend. Love, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  17. I whish I'd live closer, to come and buy some of your stuff, I like so many things I see here.....

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.