Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Flights of fancy...........Part I


Here around the lake the bird population is awesome.  Yesterday, while crossing the causeway from a visit into the nearby town of Chester, we spotted this bald eagle at the very top of a pine.............


.................and on the way back from Reno to collect DH at the airport on Sunday, this Northern Harrier had just bagged his afternoon snack of a small mouse, and posed for us on the fence post...................




...........with the irrigation system in the background. Paula braked, backed up, turned around several times so we could get some good shots! 



One of a pair of ospreys - the nest has been in this tree above Paula's house for many years.............



...........and all around us are vistas such as this with water fowl.

8 comments:

  1. What fantastic scenery. You must be having a wonderful time and all your photos are superb. Thanks for taking me along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary,
    What a great time you are having by the lake, looks beautiful. After your heatwave you will be enjoying cooler days and being able to sit outside with that wonderful view of the water. Hope the back has improved and you have managed a little water sport, fun time.
    Your photographs are just beautiful..the green lily pads, the views, the birds and all the other moments you have captured for us to share. Hope you are having the best time. Really enjoyed following you on this trip and seeing this part of the world, have a great summer and keep cool. Xx.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I just spent a few minutes getting caught up on your blog. Listening to the quiet music and looking at your gorgeous photos of the lake just made my day. I hope you are having a wonderful time. Bring a little of that cooler weather back to NC, please.... Carla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous!!! Love all those photos...you are amazing!!!

    Thanks for this wonderful post!

    Blessings...
    xoox Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful vacation in California. Love seeing the water and wildlife. Take care and I hope your back gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Gosh Mary, what awesome photos of the Eagle Harrier and the Osprey. A wonderful photo op and your friend did a great job helping you get these shots. Love the Coffee shop too. You love the same things that I admire. I am so glad I dropped in today.
    I recently arrived home from Canada. I am posting about it now. We had a great time. I hope we can get together the third week of Sept.

    Have fun in CA.
    Love Jeanne xo

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.