Wednesday, August 31, 2011

'tech-ni-color' California..................


Mt. Lassen from the causeway over Lake Almanor

Needless to say, I took photo after photo during my recent northern California visit - here are some I enjoyed 'playing' with. Although Nature is beautiful without enhancement, I just thought that California, known for Technicolor and other film inventions, would be fun shown this way also. 


White Pelicans and other water fowl viewed from the causeway



Pelican in flight over the lake


Low-lying sunny meadow filled with Bog Orchids in Lassen Volcanic National Park................


.......the high road climbing above Lake Almanor, in the distance, to Mt. Lassen's still snowy peak


Lunch at the Plumas Point Resort lakeside restaurant - West shore of Lake Almanor


Mt. Lassen from the West shore


Back at the house and resting my legs after a brisk morning walk.........


............before heading out to play in the water!


Local grocery and coffee shop at Lake Almanor

Isn't this area of the country beautiful in Summertime?  The sun shines every day, cool nights for comfy sleeping, and temperatures in the 80's with low humidity during the day. Perfect.
Talk about California Dreamin'.

Next Summer Jasmin hopes to get a part time job at this market/cafe with a view of the lake.....and the best carrot raisin muffins in the world.  Can't say I blame her - thinking of applying myself, ha! ha!

16 comments:

  1. They are fun with your photo treatments. I say - go Jasmin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, they are great photographs, well done!! Jackie in Surrey UK.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photos are stunning and daisies are my favorite flower so that last one did it for m. What beautiful scenery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! I loved living in California for about 30 years! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, all those photos are just amazing!! I want to go there-LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd be glad to come down to do relief shifts!
    Breathtaking!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that you've shown us all these gorgeous images, Jasmin may have some job competition. We may all be lining up for a job at the market. LOL
    Hope you're having a beautiful week. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning pictures, Mary! This has to be one of the most beautiful lakes I have ever seen...Mt. Lassen is breathtaking!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  9. That second one down would make the most wonderful textile embroidery Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply beautiful.
    In our next trip to europe this is a must see.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Absolutely marvelous, Mary! I left the music on and it was like a beautiful theatre presentation, music and the amazing scenes of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photos are wonderful and I like what you did with them. Carrot raisin muffins, who can resist.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful photos. What a wonderful place to holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is one of our favorite areas - we lived nearby for several years and made many trips to Mt. Lassen - such beautiful scenery and wonderful memories.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to buy your picture of Mt Lassen view across Lake Almanor. Do you sell your work?

    ReplyDelete
  16. i just commented about how I would love to buy your Mt lassen photo including Almanor. If you would like to sell me a copy please reach out melodymurraymt@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.