Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Southern Pacific.............


Hello friends!  Unable to do much posting here, very slow Internet connection, and the cost is prohibitive!  Images take ages to load so you just get one for now, sorry!
This was my first glimpse of Orion as we rode the shuttle to the wharf in Auckland, NZ.
All I can say for now is that everything is amazing.  I feel as if I'm living a wild dream - the people are great, the food delicious, life aboard a small ship like nothing else.  72 passengers and 70 crew!


Heading to the first islands, the Chatham, 500 miles out in the wild blue sea. Tomorrow we expect to land via Zodiac boat. Camera will be at the ready so all those wonderful seabirds, penguins, seals had better be ready to have their portraits taken.


Not sure when I will be able post again, but will try asap.

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy, Mary ... wile we all sit here full of envy.
    Have a beautiful week ~
    TTFN ~
    Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have a grand time, take lots of photos, and share once you return. Oh, boy, what an adventure! Can't wait to hear the details! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry about posting Mary, we know you'll share your amazing adventure when you can :o)
    I hope you are NOT one of the only two
    passengers with out personal staff though!
    I'm just about to set sail with the good ship vacuum cleaner :o(
    Have a ball :o)
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh! So exciting. I can hardly wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, it looks so beautiful! I can't wait to see photos!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! The ship and the colors are gorgeous. How lovely to be taken care of by 80 staff and to be on your way to see those penguins. Tell them "HI" from me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just save it all up until you're back and then spread it all out in front of us....please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great looking ship! I love that photo - such a once in a lifetime voyage – enjoy it and take many pictures.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.