Sunday, January 22, 2012

Australian Blackbirds..............



I bought an Australian magazine in one of the airports down under on my way home in November. Always like to check out current fashions and home styles in locales around the globe.

The magazine was in a plastic bag and attached inside was a free gift, a cute box containing these........awesome Aussie blackbird paperclips!


There's even a little 'clothesline' with two big push pins so you can string 'em up and display photos, art, to do lists, your artist friend's lovely butterfly tag........anything your heart desires.


 
Draped the line across the vintage secretary in the guest room........I can almost hear those raucous blackbirds in the trees.

Decoupaged box made by me years ago, that was when I stayed home and had time for arts and crafts, instead of gallivanting to the ends of the earth!

11 comments:

  1. What a cute bonus in that magazine!
    I do the same thing. I buy decorating magazines and needlework patterns when I travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a better free gift than we usually get with magazines in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another sweet reminder of an 'out of this world' holiday Mary! They are so cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great giveaway from the magazine,
    love what you did with them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun and clever freebie. Love the little birds - your box is cute, too. I also like to buy the local mags when I visit places.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the blackbirds...What a wonderful little extra gift with the magazine.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Back again Mary! Thank you for your really sweet comments and for entering my giveaway, wishing you good luck in the draw :o)
    Hugs
    Rose H
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet surprise..I love those clips. You've used them to good effect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so sweet! Certainly worth picking up that magazine on a whim. I like your display. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now why oh why don't magazines in the states leave little gifts in their packaging. These paper clips are really cute. I love picking up a magazine or two when I travel too, but have never found a gift tucked inside.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.