Sunday, December 2, 2012

Yesterday's garden surprise................



BLUEBIRDS are back....................so I ran outside with my camera!


The old tatty bird house still stands, a bit more weathered and worn, but still interesting to our family of Eastern Bluebirds who nested here in early Summer.  

Yesterday morning there were a total of four beautiful birds checking out the house - popping in and out the openings - maybe just playing in the warm sunshine, or thinking of making this a sheltering place for the cold weather which will eventually arrive as Winter draws closer here in the South.


Welcome home Bluebird family.

12 comments:

  1. What a fun surprise in your garden. They are always a welcome sight! Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are beautiful birds, my favorite birds. Lucky you to have them in your yard and using your birdhouse. Great shots, happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I am so envious! I wish my bluebirds would return. I love all my birds, but I do believe they are my favorites. Thanks for sharing. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful! I wish we had bluebirds around here - maybe we do - but I've never seen any. I'm so glad they came back for you!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful pictures, Mary...I'm happy you had your camera ready to share them with us!

    Have a wonderful day!

    XO,
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lucky you to have these beautiful guests! ;-)
    Enjoy your Sunday..........Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! I wonder if they are the ones I saw in our yard this October as they were gathering to go south. It would be nice to think they are spending the winter with friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Mary, hope you are feeling better.
    What beautiful birds, they must love their dear home in your garden :o)
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! How pretty they are. I need to get my bluebird house up here at the new house. Maybe we can get a fall family!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wasn't that a lovely surprise! Enchanting mosiac.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lucky you to have bluebirds there. They are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.