Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September Note Cards..........French Country.


I'm joining Vee's monthly note card party today.
Being a first-timer here I hope I'm getting it right!
Sharing four views I captured in the South of France 
which I think would make an attractive set of 
all occasion note cards.

I can't believe it's almost five years since I was in France! Where has that long span of time gone? 
What a lot of photos I've taken around the world since I took these back then with my little Canon point and shoot.


October drapes the vineyards in still warm and beautiful weather - mornings are misty with the landscape so beautifully dressed in Autumn foliage. The perimeters of the fields display plenty of juicy berries for hungry birds. I think this may have been my favorite time of year to visit France.


All this beauty surrounds my family's French home. Walking was pleasant and easy, except on one occasion when a pair of rifle toting wild boar hunters came out of the vines and surprised us........"bonjour" was exchanged, and thankfully they walked on across the fields to enjoy the hunting season.


Wild clematis, known as "Old Man's Beard", clambers up 
and drapes itself wherever an upright wall or fence is handy.


Although the grape harvest was just over, we still 
found missed bunches of grapes along the lower 
vines......and the leaves were magnificent colors.

I've shared these photos previously.....
here again is just a reminder of Autumn's glory in 
the French vineyards. I'll drink to that!

**************


May I sneak this in please Vee?
Not another note card, but the cover for the box 
I'd like to hold the cards if they were printed!

Hope you'll visit Vee's party HERE - lots of beautiful 
note cards to view.

18 comments:

  1. Oh lovely France. I want to visit it in every month of the year. It's been 4 years since I've been. Seems much longer.
    Your photos are gorgeous and would make lovely note cards. And the box - what a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you did your pictures - really unique!

    My first visit to your blog - I should very much like to revisit when it isn't so late and see what other wonderful things you have posted on - you seem a very unique and interesting gal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice set of cards and a nice idea. I love the last one with the autumn leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely post Mary, and yes the images would make delightful notecards :o)
    Love
    Rose H
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous notecards Mary! And I love the box cover mosaic. What a great selection. Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those would make lovely notecards. We were in Paris August of 2011 -- seems so long ago but only 2 short years have passed. I found everything there to be lovely. :) Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary, these are so beautiful... exquisite... and your prose is equally lovely. I very much enjoyed my visit. And if that is the cover for your box...it's perfectly okay. ;D Please come play with us any time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful note cards, I particularly like the mosaic that you did

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love being transported to France by my blogger friends. Thanks for the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous! I would buy those cards.
    Hugs,
    m

    ReplyDelete
  11. You captured France so beautifully Mary. What lovely postcards your pictures would make.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary, Loving your scenes from France. My favorite is the fourth one, and I like your box cover too! Sounds like you are VERY well-traveled - I will be following your blog and I plan to try to catch up on some of your older posts. Glad you joined Vee today so I could find you!
    Blessings, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary,
    These are just gorgeous! I would buy these just because of the box cover! Lovely! Wow, your husband grew up 1 1/2 hr from me in NH! Small world! Glad you stopped by to visit me. I am a new follower!
    Linda
    mysewwhatblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such beautiful muted tones of autumn. If it wasn't for bloggers like you sharing your travels, many of us would not get to see the scenery of other countries.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your photos are beautiful. They really are a breath of fresh air. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Mary... I love your prospective and the colors are glorious! Perfect notecards.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Mary

    I'm thrilled to see you've joined Vee's party - especially great as you have a library of outstanding photos to draw on.

    You've made my heart race - this area is so like where my family live - that's France!

    A stunning set of note cards that I would pounce on if I saw them in a shop (but you knew that)!!!!

    Yes those hunters are a worry and at times I've heard them when we've been walking in the forest, it's quite scarey.

    Hugs
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are lovely note cards of the vineyards of France! I really like the wild clematis and those colorful grape vine leaves!
    Thanks so much for stopping by and your nice comment on my barn note cards.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.