Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Travel to old Europe....................


This is not us! I loved this painting when I saw it hanging in SuzAnna's Antiques some years back. Today I found it in my iPhoto archive and once again it spoke to me. It illustrates how I'm feeling right now about flying off next week to a part of Europe I've never seen. I think the cloche hat and airy scarf, both items I'll be wearing, already have me excited at thoughts of riding the trains, treading the old cobblestone streets and alleys, tiptoeing down cathedral aisles, sighing at the architecture of old palaces and historic buildings. Throw in perhaps a river cruise on the Danube, and wandering across timeworn bridges to the strains of Mozart. Sampling scrumptious pastries with coffee or hot chocolate in an historic old cafe if the days are chilly, or even if they're not!

First stop will be London - but just to change planes for Hungary for a few days in beautiful Budapest. Then a train to lovely Vienna, Austria for a couple more days before boarding the train to the Czech Republic, and there I'll have several days in Prague.....a city I've been longing to visit for ages.

More than likely I'll take a gazillion photos. Will post if possible. Plan to come back with stories of these three wonderful cities to share with you.
What am I packing? I'm working on that - come back to see!

Linking this post to Jeanne's blog Collage of Life - where a new Bowerbird Friends party is in progress. Hope you'll go visit.

14 comments:

  1. Hey, wait! I'm coming along too! lol Sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The more the merrier - pack your bag!!!!

      Mary

      Delete
  2. You and Bob will have the most wonderful time. I look forward to "traveling" with you through your photos and posts.
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny, dear friends like you and K would be fun to really travel with!
      Looking forward to sharing the adventure.
      Hugs - Mary

      Delete
  3. I'm green. With envy. You're going to have a great time. Looking forward to hearing all about your adventures, either on the road or when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so exciting! It will be a wonderful adventure and I am really looking forward to those marvelous photos of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds wonderful, Mary! My blog friend, Linda, of the blog "Stitch Lines" was to Prague this summer and loved it. She did several posts on it and took some wonderful photos if you'd like to check it out. Her blog is on my sidebar. Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a wonderful time - all cities that I love and know, apart from Budapest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! I'm going to Prague this winter so will be sure to check back here often to see what you recommend seeing there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary
    Make room for me too as I'll be by your side each step of the way - my cloche hat and cashmere scarf are waiting for just such an airing!
    I haven't been to any of those wonderful old cities - if I had to pick only one, for me it would be Vienna!
    Hopefully you may attend an opera or the orchestra.... I'm so envious!
    Enjoy the renowned viennese pastries and cakes - yum.
    Happy travelling to you and Bob on this trip of a lifetime, making memories to share for ever more!!
    God bless and warm hugs
    Shane xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds like a perfect Autumn adventure.
    How I would love to see this part of the world too.
    So much to see, so little time to see it all.
    Can't wait for your pictures and your tales.
    Happy packing and travels!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Mary...so happy you joined Bowerbird Friends! I can see why you were attracted to the painting/print?..it has a wonderful quality to it and you are right, it makes you want to pack your bags to places unknown..and you are! I love that you are off an an adventure and look forward to following along. Very best wishes for a lovely trip Mary... xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Safe travels, you are visiting some of my favorite places.. Wish you could do the Dalmation coast while you are so close..It is magical

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.