Tuesday, June 3, 2014

CHEERIO…………………as we fly away!


We're off across the pond this evening! Arrive at Heathrow in the morning, then hop on a coach for the hour plus ride to Southampton. Our wonderful friends Jean and Mike from Devon will be meeting us for an evening of dining and chatting, catching up with all the news. They are staying over at our hotel so they can spend the following morning with us prior to our embarking the Queen Victoria. I feel so fortunate to have one of my very dearest school friends still so close that she, and her lovely hubby, would drive all that way across the south of England for a little visit with us. Jean and I shared school days and fun days as teens. Later, after I emigrated to the USA, we kept in touch, always got together when I visited home, and they came to visit me here in Raleigh once.  
Something very special, Jean was a super, caring friend to my mother in her later years, helping when I could not be there, my mother loved her and Mike very much. Jean you were the best ~ I've always been so grateful to have you as our friend. A tear falling here ~ I'll be hugging you both soon!

Packing update:
No, didn't manage to get everything in that one suitcase. With a pout and a sigh I had to hang a few clothes back in the closet, but I am taking all the shoes as planned - one pair tucked into Bob's luggage, another in my carryon bag, the others in my checked bag. Happy feet here!

Next post will be from across the pond dear readers…………………

15 comments:

  1. Like you, I have a school friend that keeps in contact with me and I with her, since 1954. Have a wonderful visit and cruise.
    I have met a wonderful man and have been seeing him for seven weeks now. He has asked me to go with him to British Columbia, later this month, we are travelling via the U.S. We will be gone for 17 days, all those days and nights with a lovely man, what will I do when we return and he goes back to work. Sound like a love sick fool. LOL LOL
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such lovely news - I am so happy for you and hope you have a fabulous trip to BC - one of my favorite places!!!
      Thanks for the well wishes for our trip - I'm quite excited to say the least. The Queen Victoria will be waiting for us in Southampton - embark on Thurs. and off we sail.
      Take care - keep in touch, and enjoy each and every day Patricia.
      Hugs - Mary

      Delete
  2. Have a wonderful holiday Mary, how amazing to go on the Queen Victoria!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will miss coming to Devon/Cornwall - perhaps next trip over.
      Thanks for wishing us a good cruise on QV - some British elegance I'm sure just as we experienced on QE a couple of years back.

      Delete
  3. What a wonderful adventure awaits you. I'm excited for you. Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much dear Lorrie.
    Make sure you enjoy your days on the water too! My seas will be just a bit deeper, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you get sunshine whilst you're with us in the UK!
    Arilx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bon voyage! It will be fun to hear about this adventure; looking forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary and Bob hope your having anice flight.love,Lori April and rays

    ReplyDelete
  8. How dear to have a friend such as this.
    Happy travels! Glad you got all the shoes
    tucked in bags. Smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting, we love the sound of your cruise and would love to sail on the Queen Vic one day! Wishing you a lovely homecoming with your dear friends and a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy and safe travels...I can't wait to see photos and hear about your trip! I have friends in Bristol and visited them back in 2000...way too long ago! I need another trip!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A sweet post! Hope you are having a trip of a lifetime, and making many new memories!

    ReplyDelete
  12. And I'm stuck at work 10 hours a day.....enjoy your trip, Can't wait to see photos and read stories about it. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.