Monday, July 14, 2014

Where the girls of Summer go!


Granddaughter Jasmin and her best friend Donia (they started out in Kindergarten together 
and are now high school seniors), are heading west this week. Their destination is Northern 
California where they will vacation at our dearest friend Paula's Summer lake house.  
I'm not going this year, the lucky girls will be enjoying this fun trip alone.
They will be flying Raleigh>Dallas>Reno to reach what I can only describe 
as, "one of the most beautiful lakes in the country"


Flying over Mt. Lassen, California in a small sightseeing plane in 2010 - best way
to enjoy this magnificent scenery.
Go HERE to see more views of that amazing flight and learn more history about this
little-known volcano and the awesome national park. 

Have a great trip girls ~~~~~ and tell Paula I'm envious.
I want to be a Summer girl again.


6 comments:

  1. Ohhh the fun they'll have! I can imagine the laughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What gorgeous scenery. I can just imagine the wonderful time those girls will have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are going to have so much fun. It looks so beautiful there.
    xo
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh to be a "summer girl" as seniors in high school.
    Then to spend some of that time at this beautiful lake.
    I have fond memories of that summer long ago. They
    are creating memories.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful place to inspire young minds!

    Poppy

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.