Saturday, December 13, 2014

Photo Challenge December. . . . . .


The season surrounding Christmas and a coming new year gives us many 
opportunities to take and share our photos.
Posting on what Christmas means to each of us, and adding our photos taken
around our home, or of family and friends and holiday celebrations,
 allows us freedom to express ourselves in many ways.

Because of Donna, our gracious hostess for the Personal Photo Challenge, 
we have snapped and gathered our photographs to share with one another 
each month throughout the year. . . . and what a lot of fun it has been. I have 
always looked forward to every fun challenge.

December's topic, Christmas Scenes (and perhaps we'll also be treated 
to some Hanukkah scenes which would be nice) is an easy one, hardly a 
challenge, more a modern way to wish one another holiday greetings when we 
may not have a mailing address to send an old-fashioned card.
So, here's to you dear friend - may your Christmas 
be full of special moments and many blessings.


I took several photos this month as I decorated the house and garden for the 
holiday season. I love Christmas, I love tradition. I have however changed
my decorating style indoors over the past several years, not because I no 
longer like bright reds and greens, more because silver and gold, cream and 
white, make it easier to keep many of my year round items in place. I then  
add Christmas decor and natural items such as live greenery, and of course this 
year the wonderful brushed nickel pumpkins I shared in this recent post .


The gazebo at dusk dressed for Christmas 

Outside, the garden in December becomes bare and almost colorless when you 
live in a non-tropical climate, but at Christmas you can light it up easily. Then the cold, 
dark nights take on a special brilliance.
Here in the southeast we still have plenty of leaves falling, but there are tall pines,
winter grass, ivy, and even shrubs which stay green despite the chill in the air.

All pics taken with the Nikon Coolpix S6400. 
PicMonkey is responsible for a little editing 
including  the 'dusk' effect.


Go HERE to visit Donna's Personal Photo Challenge blog and share your 
holiday photos.
As most of you know, sadly this will be the last 'challenge' for a while.
Donna is very busy caring for, and staying close to dear Mr. Jim during his
 illness. We are praying for them both during this difficult time.


20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous photos Mary!! I love your gazebo with it's pretty tree and lights. I must check out the 'dusk' effect. I like it. Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My eyes went right to that gorgeous tin tree in the corner. That is so pretty. And your gazebo is stunning. That must stop the neighbours in their tracks. I know I would have to stand and admire. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I loved taking your Christmas tour. Your photos and decorations are beautiful! I hope you are enjoying a lovely and peaceful holiday season. Hugs! Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful pictures. I love the theme you have going inside your house. I wish I could pull that off! And who wouldn't love your gazebo! All the best to you this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos of your decor, inside and out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary, As usual your photographs are stunning - the one of your charming gazebo is especially beautiful.
    May the peace and joy of Christmas be with you now and throughout the year.
    Blessings, Erin

    ReplyDelete
  7. So charming and lovely, Mary! Your gazebo looks especially festive. I, too, am a fan of silver, gold, and shades of whites. Jingle! Jingle!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful Christmas displays Mary, love the combination of silver and white. The gazebo with a decorated tree inside would be nice to view at night from the house.
    Merry Christmas.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very very pretty!! I do love the Gazebo!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Mary, your gazebo is wonderful! What a charming sight to look out and see it all decked up. Your decor is lovely, as always, full of richly layered textures and shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the gazebo. And the fact that your decorating fits right in with your decor and isn't glaring. So sorry to hear about Donna's husband. Pancreatic cancer is a terrible thing. Blessings to all, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would love to do that to my gazebo. My garden is so neglected during the winter months. Your internal decor is very French chic - l love it! Enjoy the rest of your weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, these are lovely photos of your GORGEOUS decorations....love the white and golds. Great effects too!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home is always decorated with such style...your beautiful style! And I love the gazebo. I'm glad you wrote about Donna and Jim. They are in my thoughts and prayers. Happy holidays my friend! Sweet hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is so soft and pretty - so peaceful, perfect for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Incredible decorations and I can see why you changed your indoor style....believe it or not I have the exact same gazebo but mine was made in Northern NY by a group of Mennonites. Love how you decorated it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your decorating style all year round, and at Christmas it is even more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You do a lovely job of decorating for Christmas, Mary. Love the gazebo.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seeing your decorations just makes me smile.
    I do love your style of decorating so much.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ótimas cenas e fotos! Parabéns!
    Eu desejo um feliz Natal para você e sua família!
    Um abraço!

    Great scenes and photos! Congratulations!
    I wish a happy Christmas to you and your family!
    Hugs!
    Egléa

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.