Monday, May 25, 2015

Bring on Summertime. . . . . . . . . .


Trying to get back in the groove after being away three weeks is keeping me busy.
This morning I brushed aside everything else requiring attention as I just needed 
to do something to make the cottage look a wee bit more 'summery'. 
Coming home to temperatures hovering around 90F left the dusty rooms looking
dull and completely out of season. Think 'Miss Havisham' of Great Expectations 
with her omnipresent spider webs! Yes, I admit, I even have webs - apparently
spiders, like mice, play when one is away!

                
A few shells. . . . . . . . . . . .


. . . . . . . . . . some bright white china veggies



. . . . . . a delicate bridesmaid's dried posy



. . . . . . . . and freshly washed bright collection domes


More plans for brightening up the cottage - lots of lanterns and white 
candles should work.



8 comments:

  1. You must be feeling much better today Mary :o)
    It's so very bright and cheerful - lovely!
    Enjoy your potterings.
    Love
    Rose H
    xx xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, everything is absolutely gorgeous, so love that cage doll/Madonna
    Blessings
    Jacqui

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your decor is classic and beautiful. There's a bag of birdseed and some cat toys in my living room now... Dose that count?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and dusted I noticed. That was a long time to be away. But, what a wonderful trip you had.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, now that I've been here I best keep cleaning the mouse-house. I want things to shine, too. Lovely decor, Mary. I'm a white-lover, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have such a beautiful flare for decorating.
    I love all your summery touches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your domes are sparkling! I have spent the last three weeks trying to settle into this new house....still working on it. But I did notice a couple of spider webs here as well, so I might have to halt the settling in and clean a bit.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  8. Freshening up the house for spring/summer is a lot of fun if one is in the right mood. Those domes are so pretty and sparkling clean, reminding me that I would do well to wash my own. Your summer decor is lovely. Here the peonies are just beginning to open up. Three fat pink buds are beginning to open on the mantel. Have a good time finishing up your summery look.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.