Saturday, March 18, 2017

Household Secrets Part II. . . . . . . . . .


Way back in January I posted Household Secrets, Part 1 and promised
 a second part with more odds and ends from around the cottage. 
Here it is, better late than never, if you're interested in what some call bric-a-brac,
 knick knacks or just plain old junk!





bric-a-brac
noun, ( used with a singular or plural verb)



miscellaneous small articles collected for their antiquarian, sentimental, decorative, or other interest.


I'm now in the throes of doing a little Spring/Easter decorating so some of this
 has already changed, not a lot though because I've really pared down on
 seasonal decorating. Too much stuff to store (we are limited by uneasy to access
 storage, most being in the attic, and we are finding it impossible very hard to
 crawl around dragging out bulky, heavy boxes.
Later you'll be re-introduced to the things I love to display for this new season,
 my white rabbits, they will always be around come Springtime.

What's happening at your house regarding Spring/Easter decor?
Will you be going over the top or keeping it simple?
Seeing these empty French antique drinking vessels above I'm suddenly visualizing
nice brown farm eggs sitting in them!

If you have youngsters at home I'm sure there will be colorful displays, chocolate
eggs, even bunting and cut out characters stuck on the windows - all part of being 
a child who will grow up with happy memories. 
Go for it say I - before it sometimes becomes a little bit more of a chore than a fun thing!

Anyway, let's think Spring - it's almost here.

Spring Equinox 2017 in the Northern Hemisphere will be at 6:28 AM
Eastern Daylight Time on
Monday
March 20, 2017


13 comments:

  1. I am the only person I know of who uses any sort of Easter decorations; I have a collection of eggs. Most of my friends go away for Easter. Kuta and Legian are popular. Sometimes there is a week of school holidays blending into the four-day Easter public holiday. If we are lucky, it may be fine enough for camping. This year the ground is still too wet and the rivers are still too fast. Enjoy your Wascally Wabbits and find some lovely big ostrich eggs for your shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louise - hope all is good in Darwin! No ostrich eggs around here but I do have blown goose eggs. Unfortunately they are too big for those little silver glasses, but I can fit chicken eggs (real or decorative) in them and they look really cute - photos coming later.
      Mary -

      Delete
  2. Hello Mary. just love all your Bric-a-Brac. Re-arranged is always a change, can't wait to find a new home for all my bits of Bric-a-Brac. which is in storage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful bric-a-brac! Beautiful things I enjoyed seeing this morning. I have a lot of "breakables" I enjoy so much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore your bric-a-brac! I usually decorate a little for spring, but not Easter. This year, most of my décor items are still packed away. We are kind of camping in this rental.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have some pretty collections. I like to keep old things that have been in the family. It helps me remember past family members who have passed on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's always quite simple around here. A few ceramic eggs and bunnies, a lamb, perhaps a garland. I always admire your bric-a-brac.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your bric-a-brac Mary! I think you have the makings of a lovely shop here. A second calling perhaps? Gosh, I can't remember the last time we decorated' for Easter. We seem to always be travelling at that time, taking advantage of school holidays. I think also, with our lifesyle and the age of our kids...those days have quieted down. When grandchildren come...I will be all over it! No news on that front..yet. This Easter we will be in Hong Kong...maybe celebrating with afternoon tea at one of the local hotels...because I just love a good afternoon tea. All the best Mary..xx PS..love Sky High!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful decor, Mary! I'd probably have a lot less stuff too, if we had to store stuff up in an attic. We do have an attic, but nothing is up there. However, we do have a basement...storage/clutter overload!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have some beautiful bric-a-brac Mary! I have decorated for spring a couple weeks ago trying to get the feeling inside while it's still very white and cold outside. Today is the day though - the first day of spring - and I have added a few Easter decorations - a couple of bunnies and some eggs and nests. I have too much stuff and am gradually getting rid of it. But, it seems I buy more if I see something I really like! Wishing you a beautiful spring season. xx Pam

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Spring Time! I just love your bric-a-brac! Every little details is done with class. I do have a few bunnies now about the house and must have flowers. Starting to think of Easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOH, I;m so glad you did the part 2! Love it all. And yes, ther eis no way you or Bob shoudl be going up the attic and pushing things aroudn there like you are spring chickens, even with all your good health! One fall and ...

    Other than xmas stuff and a few Spring like dishclothes, we don;t really change out anyhting as 1. we have an 800 sq ft bungalow and 2 we seriously declulttered every thign we won in to the back on ONE pickup truck beforemoving back to UK for those 4 months to help my family! Now we are in this place, half the stuff is not ours so we had to keep in limited. in fact, we woudl make Marie Kondo proud. I would say we could teach her methods and definitely live that way--surrounded ony by the things we truly love. :)

    I LOVE Easter decor, with all that said I remember your white bunnies well. They are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.