Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Scribble Picnic. . . . . Finland/Scandinavian


Happy Finland Day today!
"Hei" to my Finnish blog friends.

Sadly, I've never visited Finland - it remains on
 my travel list though, especially as I have friends there.

 I have however visited all the other lovely Scandinavian countries
including Sweden where I spent time searching for my Dala horse! 
I hope this will meet the challenge Finland/Scandinavian Michael
 gave us this week. 

When pulling out the Christmas decorations yesterday I found the
 little wooden Dala ornament wrapped in tissue. . . . .the big horse
stands on the shelf in the kitchen year round.

I edited the photo to a sketch and added some watercolors - that's all I have time
for this week as things are crazy busy around here. . . . . . . new great grandson
arrived, holiday concerts, raking millions of leaves ready for the city pick-up,
completing the exterior cottage renovation to deck and gazebo, Christmas
shopping, decorating and more!


If interested to learn more about the Dala horse go HERE to my post
 on Stockholm and scroll to the end to read the history of the 
Kingdom of Sweden symbol.

SCRIBBLE PICNIC today should be interesting - hope you stop 
by Michael's to see what our group comes up with.
Meanwhile happy holiday preparations to all. . . . . . . . 


12 comments:

  1. You have done better than I, never been to any of them. I went with drawing flags from all the Scandinavian countries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rendition of the Dala Horse. That was my first thought..but went in a "food" direction instead. Have a great day, and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dala horse rendition is beautiful! I'm off to read more about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have or rather had one small Dala Horse for the tree, which I gave just today to Desmond. Trying to give them some of the ornaments now. Your drawings always impress me, nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful take for the theme, Mary! I love the white horse and the decorative strokes on it. Beautiful images in your linked post too. Just WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you chose this for the theme this week. It's so appropriate and so beautiful. Thanks for sharing it and the story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your grandson!
    Your artful photograph is quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is pretty cool, Mary. I love this and LOVE coming to your cosy blog to learn! Happy holidays to you as well!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have some Finnish friends, and Finland is a country I'd love to visit one day. Congratulations on a new great grandson! The Dala horse edit is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a dala house ornament on my tree ... I love the simplicity of Scandinavian art. I think you were quite clever this week because I think a dala horse would be difficult to draw. I am amazed at all you are accomplishing already in this busy season. You will be one of the few who can sit back a relax while the rest of us scurry to be ready for Christmas :)

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  11. the horse is perfect for the finland theme. I like the watercolor effect of the photo.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary, of course, it's a perfect find so thank you. Well done! I was so wondering what you would dig up for this, especially knowing that, shockingly, you've not been to Finland! You simply must remedy that soon, OK, especially with friends there you can visit too?!

    Yes, you are busy this time of year but I know you will make your home utterly magical. I'm actualyl really looking through snuggling down under some blankets over the holidays and reading through your various posts them when having more time. I just KNOW you wil make each post utterly inviting and magical with your words and lovely photography.

    Thank you sooo much!

    P.S. From your Dala Horse link, I even more want to go to Sweden one day. Dreamy!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.