Saturday, July 14, 2018

Summer Saturday. . . . . . . . . . .


Early this morning was perfect with almost cool temperatures. 
Now and then a tiny breeze rustled the outdoor flag but wasn't enough
 to play the wind chimes. 
Almost zero humidity is so special here in the south during the
 summertime and this morning we were gifted.
We enjoyed our coffee on the front porch, reading the newspaper, knowing 
how it will get hot later and we will be inside keeping busy until the evening.

I need to bake blueberry muffins - Bob bought far too many - and I'll
perhaps make a veggie pizza and cook on the grill as the sun goes down.
We do plan a quick shop at our local LIDL to pick up the veggies as I
also want to make that wonderful oven-roasted ratatouille recipe this 
weekend. I shared it with you last year and will do so again later.
Tiny new potatoes are hopefully still available as I love the looks of 
this easy peasy dish - from UK Country Living.




We don't have one of these!  Lucky you if you do.
I took this photo at our hotel recently and think it looks so cool!!!

Have a great time this weekend whatever you are doing.

8 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful new potatoes and peas and only thing better, would be a cream sauce. I need to bake a cherry pie because dear daughter-in-law requested mine. It's too hot, but I'd bend over backward for her. I used to have a pool and floated in it every summer night and watch the stars come out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That salad does look wonderful. We are having friends over for dinner tonight. And I am not sure what we are doing tomorrow. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mary, How are you? It's been a while since I've visited but thought I'd pop by this evening to say Hello. I'm looking forward to fresh vegetables from the farm stands around here later in the summer. Our summers are slower and later than yours but worth the wait. I hope you're having an enjoyable summer. Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. It all sounds wonderful - blueberry muffins, morning coffee and newspapers on the porch... perfect summer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blueberry muffins...yum. Haven't made them in ages.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's very hot and humid here, too. It's 90 degrees today with humidity in the 60-something percent range. Hubby worked outside for hours this morning and his clothes were literally wringing wet. So gross! I made sure he was drinking a ton of water while working outside. I wish I had a pool in the summer, too but I wouldn't want to take care of it! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful to get the low humidity...it is so refreshing! One can endure some heat without the mugginess. yes, that pool pic does look cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. How I love your blueberry muffins. Yesterday on a very hot day Jim and I picked 14 pounds of blueberries. Today some go in a pie, but there will definitely be muffins in our future. Now I am wishing for the beautiful pool too. It would be so refreshing for sure.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.