Saturday, July 21, 2018

Worth heating up the kitchen. . . . . . . . .


Baking days continue as Bob is still buying far too many blueberries. . . . . .
and they just don't keep long in this hot weather!

Good thing is muffins freeze so well. . . . . . . . and the neighbors love them too!
This week's batch were jumbo size, eight instead of twelve. I prefer these
because they seem more moist, and of course you get to eat more healthy
 blueberries. . . . . . . .and one is so filling you're not tempted to nick a second
 one and feel guilty!!!


Results from this never fail recipe I've shared before in posts HERE back in 2014
 and HERE  in 2016.

This post from a blog post waaaaay back in 2012 actually has the recipe
 if you want to try these yummy muffins. I now usually make one change, using
 half whole wheat flour rather than all white, they are delicious and less
 crumbly this way.  

Muffins are so easy to make and quick to bake.
Great for breakfast, lunch, even afternoon tea.

After carrot and raisin - my all-time favorite - these blues are next, then
 perhaps cranberry-orange, plus of course lemon-zucchini. . . . . . and
 I should be baking them soon with the usual summertime glut of zucchini
imminent!

Do you have a favorite muffin?
Any muffin recipes to share?

Have a wonderful weekend.


13 comments:

  1. Your baked goods have risen to a State of the Art category. Next step seemingly will be as a guest on "The Great British Baking Show".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you are my 'taste tester' I guess! No plans to become a TV star at this late date darlin'!!!!!!!
      Mary x

      Delete
  2. Yummy! We freeze extra blueberries on a cookie sheet then put in zip lock backs....they are great in the winter on oatmeal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Penny I do that too! Also raspberries, strawberries, blackberries etc., and freezing them that way they don't stick together in a solid block so are great for baking, smoothies etc.

      Mary -

      Delete
  3. Blueberry Muffins were on the menu for this morning's breakfast. I also add a little whole wheat flour to them. So good. I like your idea of almonds on top and will check out your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those made me yearn for their appearance sake alone, Bet your taste tester approved. Linda S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh great to see you here Linda! So glad you can comment via 'anonymous' if no other way. Bob is a huge blueberry lover - has them daily in his cereal - always buys too many so I end up freezing them also. I prefer mine in smoothies or baked goods, and my waistline is suffering, haha!

      Mary x

      Delete
  5. They look great! I've not baked anything in a long time; I mostly leave that to my Mum and O.K.'s mother and sister, who do a far better job than I ever could. But I do have a hankering for the Earl Grey cupcakes I made some years ago, after my niece's recipe from Yorkshire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meike - for some reason I'm not getting your posts in my feed - I will have to come back and read back from your blog, sorry!
      I have a recipe for an Earl Grey Teacake - I must search for it!

      Delete
  6. I do have a favorite...from Estelle’s. I think it is called a Jordan Marsh blueberry muffin. I harvested some of my own blueberries yesterday. Since there were only a couple of TBS full, I just washed them up and drowned them in cream and a sprinkle of sugar. Yummy! I loved the reasoning behind why a large muffin is better than a small one. Totally buying it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shots of that wonderful animal....even tho they eat everything that the smaller mammals leave behind. About three weeks ago, in a city north of Denver, Westminster, a lady looked out her window and saw a moose resting on her lawn. What a surprise. It was fairly young and the authorities thought he might have found a moist draw and followed it down from the foothills for miles. So, they very gently took him back to the mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must admit I don't eat breads and cakes as I don't enjoy them, but I'm very sure these were enjoyed by your family. I do like the plain blueberries, especially large and juicy ones!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My favorite is your blueberry recipe. I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.