Tuesday, September 18, 2018

The Window Seat -


Crossing the Rocky Mountains - August 2018

I still prefer the window seat in order get a view when the clouds allow. . . . . . and
 of course to take photos of the often wild and awesome scenery below.
These days, on long haul flights, especially over night, I often take an aisle seat 
which makes it easier to get out if seat mates are sleeping.

Our trip planned for this week was somewhat questionable when
Hurricane Florence paid us a visit, but thankfully it looks like we'll make it. 
Planning to meet up with two very special long time blogging friends - and
many of you already know these lovely ladies - in one of our favorite cities
 on a beautiful island.
Western Canada we'll soon be on our way!
More later!


14 comments:

  1. Great picture!
    Have a safe journey there and back, dear Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely news Mary - a break away will lift your spirits!
    I’ve got a couple of blog/IG friends on an island in Canada..... could be!
    Don’t forget to take photos.
    Shane xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time visiting our country, Mary. I hope you come East sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you will be able to visit friends after all...Honora? Lorrie? Hmmm...trying to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right Vee, and I'm so excited!!!

      Delete
    2. You took the words out of my mouth Vee!
      Those are the two I was thinking of too Mary!
      What fun you will all have - a pity Vee and I can’t join you!...

      Delete
    3. I'm so looking forward to your visit, Mary! Shane, wouldn't it be wonderful if you and Vee could join us?

      Delete
    4. It would be the icing on the cake for me - meeting up with four of my favourite blog/IG friends!
      Thank you Lorrie. Xx

      Delete
  5. Mary, you are something else. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing! It must be a very rare chance to get this great view.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun! You know the other Penny meet Honara! Get them both a hug from me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely photo! :) How fun that you're meeting up with Blogging friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That view is amazing! I remember seeing that when we flew to and from San Francisco. I had said to Brian that we had to visit Colorado in the near future. Umm...that was 9 years ago. ;-) Can't wait to see which blogger friends you're meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, I love a window seat and for the same reasons. I waved to you when you passed over my beautiful Colorado. Did you see me?

    Have a wonderful time with your friends.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.