Thursday, November 1, 2018

A Wonderful Birthday Surprise from NZ -----------



I've always loved Shane's blog from Auckland, New Zealand.
I love reading anything about New Zealand. 
This summer I even bought a bottle of my favorite Sauvignon Blanc
 wine with the attractive label emblazoned with just a bold NZ - and 
haven't opened it yet. . . . just because! The best SB wine is 
always from New Zealand.

I'm sad that my couple of hours in Auckland in 2011 only
 consisted of arriving at the airport from the oh so long flight from
 Los Angeles, being transferred speedily to an expedition ship
 awaiting me at the port, and sailing off to New Zealand's amazing
 Sub-Antarctic Islands. 
That flurry of activity didn't allow time to meet up with Shane. 
Thinking back, I'm not even sure if she was in town that
 day - she may have been off in France to spend time with her
family who lived so far away at that time.

All this means of course, if I ever head back to New Zealand, which I hope
 happens, I will definitely try my best to meet dear Shane and we will have
 a lot to chat about having followed each other's blogs for many years.


Shane completely surprised me last week when a totally unexpected
 package arrived in my mailbox a few days prior to my BIG birthday!
I'm sharing the beauty here, little treasures wrapped - then unwrapped -
so you can see how much effort she put into collecting such a lot of
lovely items, several from France, which she knew I would adore.










Thank you again dear Shane. 
You overwhelmed me with so many lovely things.
A feast for the eyes.
Extra beats of the heart.
So much beauty.
As the great NZ Life & Leisure magazine cover states......."life is beautiful."


Amour et bonheur - Love and happiness.
Many thanks Shane - you are special.

Shane's back blogging, be sure to visit her here at Roses Lace & Brocante

Shane, hoping Tuesday's rather big earthquake didn't cause you,
family or friends any problems or stress!

12 comments:

  1. Such sweet gifts. Don't you love surprises like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful treasures and such a lovely gesture from your blogging friend in NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful parcel to receive in the mail all the way from NZ!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What's better than receiving a surprise parcel from a faraway friend? I know how it feels, as a dear blogging friend from Sweden sent me a surprise parcel just this week - and it is not even remotely my birthday!
    I thought Shane was a male name, so I was surprised when you referred to "her" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what a lovely birthday package! How thoughtful and sweet! :) Happy Birthday dear Mary!!! :) I do hope you both meet in person in the future, that is always something I thought would be fun, to meet some Blogger friends! But...since I rarely walk down the driveway lol...it may not be in the cards for me ha ha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely thought and beautiful gift for you. New Zealand is wonderful!! We loved both the north and south so much. I could spend another two weeks there whenever you might need a companion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how special! Each gift was so carefully selected. Shane is a sweetheart, but then, so are you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely, thoughtful gift. The Sonnets particularly drew me in and I wondered what it was like inside the pages. How I would love meeting Shane too! I dream of one day returning for a visit to New Zealand.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’m so pleased the parcel arrived on time for your special birthday Mary!
    It was such fun collecting bits and bobs that I thought you might like.
    I enjoyed putting it all together and then finally handing the parcel over to our worldwide postal system!
    Saying a little prayer that it would arrive in your mailbox prior to the 26th!
    Thank you dear Mary for your special friendship over the years and here’s to many more for us both!
    Love and hugs
    Shane 😘💕

    ReplyDelete
  10. A beautiful and thoughtful gift package, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW! Seriously, what a fabulous birthday package...from afar and NZ no less. Mary, you simply MUST get back there. Perhaps the most beautiful part of the world and you haven't as yet sen it properly! Go now! :) I honestly think I;d go stir crazy mad with such a long flight though. Hard.

    A VERY happy hugely belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.