Thursday, December 13, 2018

Scribble Picnic - A Few of My Favorite Things


SCRIBBLE PICNIC time - and sending everyone in the group
very best wishes for the holiday season. 
Michael's theme for this week is A Few of My Favorite Things.

At Christmastime, I enjoy displaying a few of these favorite things,
 my little framed pieces depicting angels and Mother & Child art.
These three are, top to bottom, a French illustration found in an antiques
 shop in Carcassonne, a Russian icon from my visit to a beautiful 
'onion dome' church in Petropavlovsk and a sweet angel card
 found recently at SuzAnna's Antiques.



My photo edited in PicMonkey with watercolor pencils adding color.

Short and sweet for me today - I have difficulty typing as I've acquired very
 painful rotator cuff tendinitis (right shoulder and of course I'm right-handed which 
makes life more difficult!). Having physiotherapy which hopefully will help 
the healing process.

Take a break from the Christmas shopping and decorating and visit the group HERE.

12 comments:

  1. This is a test! Don't seem to be able to comment on anyone's blog now - perhaps not even here on my own! Grrrrrrr!
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well did seem to post when using Chrome - but not Safari!
      Mary -

      Delete
  2. This is a test. Bob

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Mary, thanks for sharing your lovely and favourite things with us! Hope the therapy helps you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, commenting on blogger blogs has been a problem for a number of people for many weeks now. I have no idea what's going on or how to fix it. SOmeone suggested we should try transferring our blog to Wordpress but I have no idea how to even go about something like that. I hope the issue with commenting is resolved soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Commenting with Chrome. No problems. Hope your shoulder soon improves, Mary. I love the pencil sketch of your favourite things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aren't those pretty!
    Sorry about your arm troubles. Hopefully PT will resolve the issue.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary,

    Photographing and photo-editing a few of your favorite things is an excellent idea! Over the years, I've shared my favorite things with my not-so-Wordless Wednesday participants. Christmas is my favorite holiday from a Christian standpoint as well as a secular one. It's just a wonderful season when the world seems a little nicer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mary :) You're framed pieces are very pretty! I hope you heal quickly, rotator cuff injuries suck!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve always admired (and secretly coveted) your French illustration from Carcassonne!
    Now I regret not shopping more on my many trips over the eighteen years our daughter lived in France.
    However, at the time it was all about helping out with girls and just being a Grandmere, which of course I don’t regret!
    I have a lot to learn about Pic Monkey and over the holidays I’ll have time to play with it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I Love your items here, MAry. Sorry I somehow missed these?! Thank you, belatedly, for adding them to the mix for that prompt! Not sure how I missed you there.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.