Sunday, March 3, 2019

Be kind -------------




I played with my roses yesterday, taking photos of what I now consider
 the perfect flowers. They were part of my Valentine bouquet from Bob. 

Although now wilted, I'm continuing to dry them because they are so beautiful. 
Their very rosy pinkness has faded now to what I consider true dusty rose. 
Along with a tinge of rust, they are perfect and should remain this way for some
 months before the petals start to fall, scattering silently across the table.

The quotation seems appropriate. More compassion is needed in
today's often sorry world. Too many wilted hearts struggle to find 
answers.  Be kind, be compassionate, make this beautiful world 
a good place.

7 comments:

  1. They are indeed beautiful. They are drying very well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely Mary, thank you for posting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, we pray for a world of goodness. There is so much hatred and stress these days. Your roses are quite beautiful. Some flowers are beautiful even as they dry and fade.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Compassion is a beautiful thing. We do need all we can get of it these days....giving as well as receiving, hopefully. Your dried roses are lovely. I was able to also salvage three pink roses from my Valentine's bouquet, now dried, and made them into a little bouquet and hung them on the wall in my office.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A few times I have been writing on my blog about acts of kindness or on being kind to others. It seems to be a recurring theme in my life - sometimes I am on the receiving end, sometimes I am the one who shows kindness to others, usually in (very) small ways. One of these blog posts is this one.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.