Monday, March 25, 2019

Needing a break ----------





I have to take a break from blogging for at least a few days to get organized.
If I owe you comments or e-mails please forgive me - I'll try to catch up
 later in the week.

We've spent an entire weekend going over the estimates received
 for our new HVAC system - and have now made our decision. 
 It was hard work to say the least. Of course we hope we've chosen
 wisely as it's such an expensive project. Removal of old and 
installation of new is scheduled for three days next week, so 
again I'll have a lot to keep me busy.

To top off all the above, early Saturday morning our granddaughter Jasmin
was hit by an underage (19) drunk driver when in her car alone just two
 blocks from her home. He T-boned her on the driver's side at a major
 downtown intersection. Thankfully she was not seriously injured, probably
 due to the airbags inflating. There were several witnesses to the accident
and the Police arrived within minutes.
We are awaiting news regarding the status of her Toyota (once
 my much-loved car) which was towed away, hoping that it can be
 repaired and not sent to a slow death in the junk yard!!!

I hope to be back here soon - enjoy your week.

11 comments:

  1. Oh I am so glad to hear that Jasmin was not seriously hurt. How scary! (My daughter-in-law is still dealing with the effects of a similar accident even now some nearly two years later. Without those air bags, she might have lost her life, but because of the force of them, she is still recovering from a large hematoma.)

    Sounds as if you have plenty lined up to keep you busy. Take all the time away that you need. Won’t it be great to have everything working again and in top condition!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take time for family and home. The blog can wait. Best wishes to Jasmin for a speedy recovery, physical and emotional - and a speedy resolution of the car/insurance issues x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jasmin's guardian angel took his job seriously there!
    Only threedays to take out the old and install the new system in your house? That is fast work, and I am sure with all the careful thinking and comparing you have made the right decision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That must have been a severe shock for Jasmin, and may take time to get over. So thankful she wasnt seriously hurt, but the shock is awful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad Jasmin was not seriously injured!! Best of luck with the install of your HVAC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m thinking of you all dear Mary and thankful that your precious Jasmin was not seriously hurt.
    It will have been a shock for everyone… poor Jasmin❤️
    Alcohol, youth and driving are a bad mix as we all know only too well and it is a worldwide problem.
    Gentle hugs for you all.
    Shane xxx



    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I am so glad that Jasmine was not seriously hurt. Still, it's a shock when something like this happens. You do have a lot on your mind just now. Time away from the blog will be a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mary, I am so sorry about your granddaughter, thank God she wasn't hurt. What a scary thing. Take all the time you need were here for you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank God Jasmine is ok. You just never know. :-( I'm off to read your older posts as I always enjoy them. We will hear from you when you are back. Best of luck. Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, Mary...I had to read that paragraph about Jasmin several times to let it really sink in because I was horrified. I am SO thankful she's OK. That is so scary. And then the stress with having your HVAC system replaced, too...I don't blame you for needing a break. Sometimes we just need to step away from blogging (and/or social media) and revel in self-care. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! You have alot on your plate right now. Glad Jazmin didn't get seriously hurt. Cars can be replaced, but still not fun to have to do it. Take care, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.