Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Shopping at SuzAnna's...........


If you've followed me for a while you may well recall the early days when SuzAnna's Antiques in Raleigh, North Carolina, was just the small yellow building in the center of the above picture.  Later, the white painted barn board addition was added on the left allowing more dealer spaces............and of course a lot more treasure to sigh over and want to bring home! 

Now I just know you've spotted yet another addition on the right side....................


..............almost ready to open, this new section with high walls and windows letting in the the Carolina blue sky and bright sunshine, will house even more dealers. 

For sale here will be beautiful antiques, furniture, shabby chic and vintage finds, home decor, chandeliers and lamps, artwork, garden pretties, jewelery, collectibles, linens and so much more.


Looking through the door I'm getting really excited because on the right hand side will be my booth, well not just mine, even more fun is that I'm sharing it with my wonderful friend Vanessa!  Maybe you followed Vanessa's former blog Vanilla Lavender which she put on hold earlier this year due to other commitments in her busy life.  Now she's ready to join me in a little 'shopkeeping' because together we feel we can bring lots of beautiful items together to enhance your home..........and at fair prices which will not break your decorating budget.


We always treasure hunt together, we love many of the same things, and we enjoy creating vignettes for simple living in smaller spaces, which is the way we live.  

We favor European farmhouse, vintage, shabby chic, and French country inspired decor......yes, a Brit and a Brazilian can accomplish these looks, and we will be more than happy to help you decorate your home with meaningful treasures.

We should be up and running as soon as the interior space is completed, most likely by next week.  If you live in the area we hope you'll stop by to see what we, and all the other great dealers, as well as fabulous owners Susie and Jenny, offer at SuzAnna's Antiques..............and, if you are on a road trip from somewhere else and plan to stop in Raleigh, do let me know so we can be at the shop to meet you.

20 comments:

  1. Wow! You have always been full of surprises, Mary. Having been successful in every venture you have ever undertaken, this one, especially teamed with the vivacious and enterprising Venessa, should prove be no different. Let me be the first to wish you both good luck in a partnership that seemingly will allow the two of you further opportunities to enjoy the special relationship you have together.

    Your DH (Bob)

    ReplyDelete
  2. First I have to say how sweet it is that Bob has the first comment!

    Second I am over the moon happy for the two of you and new venture! I have thought about doind this at the Screen Door and now you have motivated me even more! I know you two will be a huge success!
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful news Mary!

    I wish Vanessa and yourself all the best. I can hardly wait to see what treasures the two of you find to adorn your little shop,and even better, our homes!

    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Mary! I am excited for you. I graduated from NC State years ago and I really miss all the wonderful antiques. Thank you for posting the wonderful pictures for us that are so far away. *sniff*
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and Vanessa! I had a feeling you were going to opening a booth - it seems like the perfect thing for you. You have such a wonderful eye and I know you and Vanessa love the search. Wish I lived closer....darn it!

    xo
    Claudia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds wonderful! I travel with my husband a lot... I will certainly contact you if I am in the area!! Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your energy never ceases to amaze me. What a great endeavor for Vanessa and you! Now I have another reason to visit North Carolina!! Best of luck with the grand opening!

    xoxo
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats Mary (and Vanessa), how I wish I could be there to cheer you on! I did drive thru Lawrence, well not thru but via 495, twice in the last week and thought of you and Bob.

    Best wishes, I know you will be uber sucessful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Haven't been to Ralegh in years. I have a cousin
    that lives there. He was a coach.
    I would love to wander around the place.

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh dear! How fabulous! You know it's such pleasure and honor to know and I thank you and dear Bob for everything. I'm so excited for this you stage in my life and I couldn't have found anyone better than you to share it with. I'm now working on my "new" blog Remember to Wish and hopefully it will be on "air' soon. Love, Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hip, hip, hooray! I am so excited for you. I will want to see pictures when you are officially open for business. A new reason to travel your direction.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Mary-thanks for stopping by my blog! I can't wait for Penny's lovely brunch either next month! It is going to be wonderful!! Stop by my blog again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mary, what wonderful news.
    I know that you'll have a blast.
    Looking forward to seeing & hearing all about your new venture in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My plans for travel? RDU, RDU, RDU! When I can figure it out! I am so thrilled, so happy and filled with so much hope for you and Vanessa! You made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ah, Mary. I am so excited for you and Vanessa. The two of you will create a partnership of beauty. Your kindred spirits and eye for all things lovely will be a success.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! I am so excited! I can not wait to see what you and Vanessa come up with :)! What a wonderful thing to look forward to, Saturday mornings at SuzAnna's---thank you so much for such a pleasant surprise. Love to both you and Vanessa, I know you will be a success!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think I will have to make a road trip for the grand opening of the addition and your booth! xo, suzy

    ReplyDelete
  18. An exciting adventure - much luck and happy days to you both :)
    Lynn.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dear Mary
    This is so exciting!! I wish you and Vanessa lots of success. Wish I didn''t live so far away :(
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful photo of the two of you! Would be perfect on your business card!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.