Saturday, June 1, 2019

Northern Ireland's Coast . . . . . . . .


This would be my kind of day at the beach. 
Three people walking dogs, no sunbathing, and a different kind of 'silence' 
as the spring tides wash in and out. 
Here the water can often be turbulent as two seas meet, The Atlantic from
the west and the Irish Sea.
Rathlin Island is just visible, six miles across the Sea of Moyle - the only 
inhabited island off the coast of Northern Ireland. Six miles long and one
 mile wide, the population is increasing and is now around 140. 
Basking seals, puffins and other seabirds have also made this northern most
 point of Northern Ireland in County Antrim their home.
The coach driver warned of riptides and dangers to swimmers. . . . . . . but 
of course we didn't even get to dip our toes or paddle up to our knees. 
We did enjoy the views along the Causeway Coast and scenic area of The Glens.

Belfast has been fun and we leave by train for Londonderry this morning.
Rain has stopped for a while however the umbrella is always close by. 

7 comments:

  1. Dear Mary - even thought the weather is not perfect it still looks absolutely lovely - dramatic, moody, and very Emerald Isle. I know that you will enjoy the trip whatever the weather and make lots of friends as you journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I would love a trip around Ireland - in some ways, it is not so different from Yorkshire. One day I hope I will make it there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I'm obviously behind in my reading. I had no idea you were traveling in Ireland. How wonderful!!! Enjoy, and I will check fo more of your lovely posts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Mary, This is a beautiful view of a wild-looking coast with a lovely beach for walking along. I dislike cold water and wouldn't be bathing there at all! I'm behind in my reading and am spending this Sunday afternoon catching up on the doings and travelings of my favourite bloggers. Enjoy the rest of your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the greenery, the clouds and the empty beach. It's my kind of heaven. I

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just noticing your signature! Perfect ☘️

    That would be my perfect beach day as well.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.