Wednesday, June 19, 2019

No place like it. . . . . . . . .


. . . . . . . when you're feeling ill!
HOME, even when requiring some TLC because you've left it to collect
dust, dirty windows, and a dead mouse in a trap (I apparently forget to take
 one up prior to leaving), is the only place to be.



So I've played with my hydrangeas, bringing many in the house, moving them about, 
to brighten up these days when I've had little energy to do much whilst coughing my
 way into oblivion. 

I've tried to start organizing the many photos (and the stories to accompany them)
  taken in Northern Ireland and Ireland in order to start posting here. 
For some reason PicMonkey editor is causing me many problems - I'm
 still using the old version - so am thinking I need to spend time learning to use
 the new version which just has to be better. Or, I my have to just forget about editing,
and post lower quality photos taken with my iPhone used on days it was raining (often)
when I didn't want to lug a bulky camera around.
I hate change when it comes to using the computer - I'm afraid I no longer have
 patience or skills necessary for technical challenges - and am always nervous I'll
totally mess up and never be able to keep my poor old blog going!

But then I met an interesting published author in a lovely
 pub in Kilkenny and, after exchanging stories, he said I might
 well have a book in me. . . . . . . . . . . but that's a story
for another day!

Even Blogger appears to be having constant hiccups since getting back. 
That said, I must just mention that Internet/WiFi in Europe is so awesome compared
 to here in the US. The speed, even in hotel rooms with so many guests using
laptops, tablets etc. blew me away. I had no connection problems and was able
to do things so much faster. 





"HOME SWEET HOME" and "Singing the Blues"

9 comments:

  1. You have a beautiful home.

    I use www.ribbet.com for my pictures, I've found it easier to use than picmonkey. Everything used to be free but they seem to be going to pay for a lot of the premium settings is the only complaint I have with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Great Wi-Fi sounds so good. I spent two hours lost as lost as could be trying to depend on Siri to “get me there.” Turns out the area has bad reception...no towers...ridiculous in this day and age. Hope that you feel better each day. Those hydrangeas will surely help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gorgeous hydrangeas. The heat is getting to mine this year. Hope you'll feel better soon. I agree that technology can be a bit of a bother sometimes and Blogger seems to be going through a bad phase right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your home is so inviting! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you arent feeling so good, Mary. Take lots of rest time. Beautiful hydrangeas, mine are not that far on yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hydrangeas are ever so beautiful, Mary, and I hope looking at them helps you to feel better. Sorry about that cough! Technology is great when it works and a terrible, frustrating inconvenience when it doesn't. Your living room looks like a most inviting place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I use irfanview for editing pictures, but then I rarely edit them - usually you'll see on my blog what comes straight out of my ipohone. The "proper" camera is rarely used these days, as I hate carrying more things around than what I deem absolutely necessary.
    Your living room is so beautiful with its hues of blue, teal and grey! The hydrangeas are spectacular. But shouldn't you be resting in bed with that bad cough of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning. Feel better.
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. From the hydrangeas to the views of your home, it is all beautiful!
    I just ordered a new computer to can handle more pictures and manipulations of pictures and have more speed. My old computer just doesn't like Windows 10.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.