Thursday, January 5, 2017

On a clear day. . . . . . . . . .


. . . . . . they say "you can see forever".

On our last but one day in Devon, another spectacular sunrise. Later the sun
 shone brightly and it warmed up considerably compared to the damp, often
 blustery, days over Christmas.


Sunsets may be beautiful but sunrises can be even more gorgeous.
You will miss them if you don't rise early. . . . . . .or live in the wrong place, 
which I obviously do as we never see anything such as this from our cottage
 in the cul-de-sac surrounded by large trees!
Early morning then brought seabirds and these huge pigeons.
 Large flocks took turns wheeling around the rooftops as we stood out on the
 balcony enjoying the sunshine.
Soon the low tide brought dog walkers, joggers and strollers to the the beach.
 This is Abbey Sands, the safest beach for children to paddle and learn to swim.
It would have been lovely if every day of our six in Torquay had been sunny and
 warm like this one.
Next time we visit I think it will be either Spring, Summer or Autumn when we can 
take advantage of the longer, milder days as we did in 2015 when we visited in June.
However, it was lovely to see family and friends in England, and join in the holiday
 festivities of Portugal, Spain, and Morocco whilst cruising on Cunard's beautifully
 decorated Queen Victoria. On board we enjoyed the company of several new
 friends whom we really hope to meet up with again somewhere, someday. 
The joys of travel are many.


7 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the joys of traveling. How wonderful to see the sunrise and sunset. Glorious! Where to next? There is always another travel dream up ahead. I am beginning the year making plans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sunrise is beyond stunning! No, I never see such stunning skies either down here in my little holler. I see that the gears are turning about future travel. 🛳

    Enjoy your snowstorm this weekend...and stay safe and cozy tucked in at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for beautiful photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can imagine that you and Bob meet and get to know many people on your trips. You are both so outwardly friendly and approachable, and conversations need no help in flowing.

    Your photos in this post are exceptional as always. It is sort of nice to see places in all four seasons and then we can choose our favorite.

    I saw on the news last night that a huge snow storm was heading your way...did that pan out? The weather is always very predictable. They were however, very precise on the cold temps were were set for. 3 degrees today. As my luck goes, I had errands. :(

    Hugs,

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful sunsets! Wonderful photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never been on a cruise myself but can imagine it is a place where you can make friends for life; my grandparents certainly did.
    Sunrises and sunsets are wonderful! From my flat, I can see sunrises when I am up early enough - which is usually only the case in winter. There are no windows facing west, so when I want to see the sunset, I have to be out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. AS your photos so well express, one of the best, idealistic places in the world imho!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.