Saturday, May 21, 2016

Cliffs of Moher and the Aran Islands. . . . . . . . . . .


Arriving in Galway City we immediately checked the weather forecast
and decided Wednesday was the day for our tour of the area named
 The Burren, the famous Cliffs of Moher, and of course the Aran Islands. . . . . . . .
Sunshine and clouds were promised with only a slight chance of a shower 
which thankfully didn't show up.

View from the high cliffs - a boat similar to the one we sailed on for the Aran Islands trip.

Sailing back from Inisheer, the smallest of the Aran Islands, the sea was 
quite rough however, our boat was still able to do the 'under the cliffs' part
of the journey which was spectacular and allowed us a quite different 
perspective of these huge cliffs and rock formations.


Standing 214 metres (700 feet) high and 8 km (26 miles) long, the Cliffs of Moher
 boast one of the most amazing views in Ireland.  


Started our cliff top walk here. . . . . . . . . .more pix coming, along with views of our 
lovely ride around Inisheer Island with Ronan and Molly.




17 comments:

  1. Astonishingly beautiful scenery, plants and animals, what a wonderful trip you're having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous scenery and such beautiful photographs Mary ....... such a wonderful part of the world.
    Hope that you are having the most wonderful time. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a wonderful part of Ireland isn't it? I was lucky enough to see the Cliffs of Moher many years ago before all the barriers and visitor centre etc were there, it was still spectacular on my second visit but not as good as it was. You're braver than me doing the boat trip to the Arran Islands, I'm not a good enough sailor for that:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing some of the wonderful views of Ireland! I am certainly enjoying your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Little did I think when I was there last year that I would be back so soon - albeit through your lens Mary!
    I'm loving every moment of your Irish sojourn and looking forward to Inisheer.
    Shane x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me and my hubby have really been enjoying your Ireland photos - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely stunning - feels like we are right there. I've been catching up on your travels - wonderful photos every time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The color of the water is just incredible! What a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Achingly beautiful. Such intense greens and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The scenery is just stunningly beautiful Mary. It looks like you are having a fabulous time there.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The country side is breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breath-taking! We were on a bus tour and I said that someday I would go back and know exactly what ELSE I would want to do when we were on our own, but alas, that has never happened! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these photos are jsut lovely. I have to laugh though--there is no way Alexandra woudl ever get in a boat, let alone with coppy water and towering cliff walls...she can't swim. lol. It looks cold there but I know you said the weather was good. I can only imagine how much more captivating all this would be being there in person.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.