Thursday, March 17, 2022

St. Patrick's Day -

 

ERIN GO BRAGH


All photos taken in Co. Kerry ~ 2016 and 2019


I would love to be back in Ireland today, or any day
 come to that!  
Traveling across that emerald isle, stopping in a
 friendly pub for a drink while listening to real
 Irish musicians singing and playing their
 melodious instruments. Talking, always talking,
 to the locals, learning the history, feeling welcome,
 feeling safe. . . . . . and loving life!

Ireland will always remain near the top of the "where to
 travel next" list, even though I've been there twice.
Being married to a wonderful man of Irish descent
 on his father's side has a lot to do with it. 
There's just something special about the Irish and
 Ireland. . . . . and that's coming from an English woman, haha!
If you celebrate, enjoy the day ~ this year especially, 
we owe it to ourselves.



9 comments:

  1. The day happens to be a friend's birthday, so I have two reasons to celebrate :-)
    As you probably know, my late husband's family was of Irish descent, too. They moved from Ireland to Yorkshire several generations ago; at that time, they were still called O'Riley. Later, they decided to drop the O' and now we are just Riley.
    So far, I have not made it to Ireland, but it is high on my list of places I would love to see, too. Everyone I know who has traveled there tells me how beautiful it is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy St Patrick's Day - and every other day - to you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, coming from an English woman, that is high praise indeed. There were many years when I thought of Ireland as being a volatile, dangerous place. So glad that those days are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos. I have never been to Ireland, though I would love to go. Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and Bob.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Mary, hope you are well. I am English born, and loved Ireland when I visited several years ago. It is a beautiful place, would love to go back.
    Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Mary, Happy St. Patrick's Day to you and Bob. Ireland is a place I would love to visit one day. Your photos make it very enticing. Tim's great-grandfather immigrated from Ireland at the turn of the last century, so he has some history there that we don't know much about.
    Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary, such beautiful photos of the Emerald Isle. Like you, we were entranced with Ireland, and would love to go back. Happy Saint Patrick's Day to you and Bob. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is one of minor shames that I have been so seldom to Ireland - and yet the ferry is but a stonesthrow (at least metaphorically) from my house. I like the idea of going with only an old bike, some panniers full of clothes and no particular itinerary - just wandering the lanes and seeing where it takes me. I suspect I would quickly become lost, but maybe in doing so I would find something too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are just breathtaking!!! How I would love traveling to Ireland, one of the countries I have not made it to. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.