My dear, dear friend Vanessa had a frightening kitchen experience over the weekend! Fortunately she and her family were not injured. This is something I've heard of before. All cooks should be aware of the possible catastrophic consequences when using glass bakeware.
Please go here to Vanessa's lovely blog A White Barn and read what happened - it may help save you or a loved one from a serious kitchen injury!
I found this article online and, although a couple of years old, it does give insight and a video into what has been happening. Hopefully by now new glass bakeware is being manufactured to a safer standard, meanwhile you may want to consider trashing current pieces in your kitchen and even changing to metal bakeware just to be sure you are using safe pans.
FYI - Vanessa advised me that as she removed her glass dish from the oven it shattered before she even placed it down on any type of surface!