Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Mr. Selfridge has left the building…



If you, like me, have been watching, and I'm certain enjoying, the series Mr. Selfridge, you will know this amazing department store on Oxford Street, London's main shopping venue.
Monday was as usual a busy day on the street and it was easy to see Summer tourists are now arriving - and Wimbledon is in full swing also.

I see our big American Airlines bird at the jetway across from the hotel room window so we're off to catch a taxi shortly and will be heading back across the pond.  Will be in touch later once settled in at home - looking forward to getting back after a great trip.

7 comments:

  1. Hello Mary:

    So good to see these images of Selfridge's. We have held an account there, and one also at Peter Jones, for many, many years and regard it as possibly the best London department store.

    Save return home [we have been 'off air' with Blogger problems].

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome home Mar and Bob - lovely pictures - read my email about Kenya please - want to talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...so soon? Hope that you'll have much more of your trip to share once you have had a chance to go through your photos. Safe trip and happy landing. It's always good to get home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A happy place for me and my daughter. I always go up to the restaurant floor and have something to eat and drink while looking across at the rooftops surrounding this amazing place. I can't wait for the next series of Mr Selfridge, I think they are filming it now. Have a safe journey home xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been there but have heard a lot about Selfridge's lately. I can't believe your'e on your way home, if not already there. What a wonderful time you've had and I can't wait to hear all about it. Hugs. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, I recognize that building from Mr. Selfridge.
    Happy travels!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.