Thursday, January 4, 2018

Just a dusting last night . . . . . . . .



Awoke this morning to brilliant sunshine and a light refreshing white blanket
 draped across the garden. We only had this dusting late last evening, nothing compared to
 what places further north may experience - stay safe if you live on the Eastern seaboard.

~ Tufted Titmouse ~

- Female House Finch -

Besides filling feeders yesterday I scattered seed along the porch rail - which
 is still 'decorated' and will stay that way until it gets warm enough to take down
 Christmas outdoors! 
The birds are ravenous this morning and looking for water so I've melted ice on
 a birdbath, it won't last long though as the temperature will not go above freezing today.


 ~ Male Eastern Towhee ~

~ Female Northern Cardinal ~


Gazebo this morning - still decorated!  Lots of work ahead when it's warmer out, 
meanwhile I'm working inside today.

7 comments:

  1. Missing my feeder that the bear destroyed on Christmas eve! Your snow is very pretty. Windy and very cold here too but no snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks very pretty, and I bet the birds are really glad someone is thinking of them. Here in Germany, most people take their Christmas decoration down on the 6th of January, and in some (mainly Catholic areas) even later, on the 12th of February which has something to do with Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The snow makes everything look so pretty. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are in the middle of another snow storm, Mary. Tsk Tsk - I have already had enough. :( Our birds are doing well as we try to keep their tummies full while they deal with freezing temps. I think I will sit back now with a hot chocolate and dream of spring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are beautiful, Mary, as always. I love your birds and what you do for them.

    I was worried that your area would get hit harder. Glad it was just a dusting, and so pretty!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you again for the beautiful bird photos and your gazebo is so pretty. Just continue to enjoy it during these cold days!
    Farm Gal in VA

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.