Monday, April 29, 2013

Philadelphia Story..........................




We managed a few hours walking in downtown Philadelphia on Saturday afternoon. Weather was perfect. Company wonderful - my brother-in-law and sister-in-law visiting from Arizona.


We decided to take a little break together following a tough morning visiting the guys' mom at the nursing facility. We'd all seen the historic city sights many times, so just wandered the old streets in the lovely Spring sunshine, and enjoyed a coffee and long chat at a sidewalk table.


Fortunately I'd tucked my recently acquired little Nikon in my bag, just in case the opportunity arose to take a few shots...................


.............and you know me, lover of the written word, I was able to get a few signs too!  

Returned home yesterday.......ducking raindrops as we exited the airport. It rained all night, still is this morning. Soggy, but the brilliant green of Spring outside the window is glorious. My thoughts and prayers are with those of you who experienced terrible storms yesterday - I hope you are safe and dry.

8 comments:

  1. I have been around Philadelphia but never in the historic area. It looks like a wonderful place to wander.

    We had rain all day yesterday but the sun is peeking out a little today.
    Hugs,
    Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to combine a difficult trip with some sightseeing on a beautiful day. We live equidistant to Philly and NYC, but have definitely spent more time in the latter. Thanks to your pretty photos, Philadelphia is sounding like an intriguing destination for walking around now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the glimpses of Philadelphia, a city I learned to love many years ago when we lived on the Main Line for a several years. The history is everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you ever get a break from all this traveling? How much I envy you, you can't even imagine...but in a good way my lady!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun trip to Philly. I've never been. Love oysters though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not been to Philadelphia. I really must go sometime.
    Thanks for sharing a peak. Glad you made it home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have driven by Philadelphia several times but never stopped in to see the historic city and it's beautiful buildings. I'm glad you had a break from the strain of your visit there. Thanks for sharing. We heard about the terrible storms down there. It seems never ending. Hugs, Pam

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.