Monday, February 27, 2023

Sixteen Years of Blogging!


Today, in 2007, I became a blogger and it changed my life! It made me see more clearly the corners and colors of the world close-up, often through a lens.......and gave me the wonderful chance to write down my thoughts. . . . . . . and get to know you. Thank you for always stopping by to encourage me to keep blogging. I love to read your generous comments and, when possible, meet you in the real world. Knowing each one of you, and being gifted with your friendship, whether in person or online, has been a very special part of my life which I will always treasure. This year I will be traveling again, perhaps not to such as exotic faraway locations as before, but I still hope to bring you stories and images from some special places. Hope so much you'll continue to come along with me.


Today I just want to thank every one of you, my friends who are my 'blog family', who visit here from around the world, share your lives, ideas and tips, support me when I'm feeling down, and have stuck with me for so long. All I can say is thank you so much, I hope I can continue to take photos, post them, and add, words and stories you will enjoy.

No new photos today but a few from those last 16 years which have flown  
  by so fast . . . . . . . . 






Around the house. . . . . . . .



. . . . . . and garden

Wildlife (really wild!) on African safaris. . . . . . . . .


Wonderful women met on my travels . . . . . . . .

Coastline and mountain solitude . . . . . . . . 


. . . . . . . I'll hopefully continue to go places, meeting special people, 
and writing
 about it here for someone who may take time to read my posts in the future.
If not, just know I've enjoyed it all, even when just being here at home.
YOU have made it all so special. Thank you with love.

13 comments:

  1. Of all your photos in today's post, I am most excited by the sculptures, silver art, clocks, porcelain and lamps. I used to be able to afford antiques, but in retirement I get my pleasure from reading other peoples' blogs. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Blogoversary, dear Mary!
    I feel very much the same about the people I have "met" through blogging. They are real people, and so they have become real friends, even if it is unlikely for me to meet most of them offline.
    I can not remember how I found your blog; probably because I liked a comment of yours on someone else's blog, or maybe you visited me first and I made a return visit.
    Anyway, you photos of birds are the best I have seen in my small part of the blogosphere, and your collages and vignettes from your home are always beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos , Mary. Can it really be that long since we have been going!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Blogiversary! I dare say there is no comparison between the photos you've shared here and the vast majority. You have lived an adventurous life. I am very glad to have your blog in my circle of friends and favorites. Many blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very Happy blogging anniversary to you, Mary. Your lovely collages highlight the many reasons I enjoy visiting you.
    Always something interesting and beautifully photographed. I wish you many more years of blogging. Also, so glad to hear that you have travel plans as I know how much you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog with all it's wonderful photos and information. Mary, you take me to places that I will never see in person and I love the way you decorate your home. I do not have a blog but so appreciate all that you do with yours. Marian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photos Mary. I can't believe you've been blogging for 16 years. I think I had started in 2009, so not too much after you. Somehow it doesn't seem like that long. I always enjoy coming to your friendly space which has always felt so welcoming. Hope you continue to share the beautiful places you travel to with us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy blogging anniversary! It's been a delight to read your blog for years and get to "know" you.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for making your blog a place of pleasure, dear Mary! I'm amazed you've been writing and taking beautiful photos here so long - I'd never even heard of a blog sixteen years ago, always late to the party, hahah! It's been so lovely meeting you about these pages and to cultivate a wonderful friendship over a shared love of beautiful things and very nice manners :) Small wonder you are so beloved around these parts. Happy Blogiversary! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Blogging anniversary dear Mary, and what a treat to see all your beautiful photos in a fabulous collage. Long may you blog. It is always lovely to see your posts pop up, so friendly and charming. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Mary, Your eyes have seen many beautiful images. Thank you for sharing so many with us. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mary I have just been coming to visit you for a short time but each time I have I so enjoy my stop at your place. Your photos are beautiful and so glad you are willing to share life with each of us. Happy Blog Anniversary. Looking forward to getting to know you better in the coming year. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your blog is always beautiful. Congratulations to 16 years. I will celebrate 15 years in June. I am thankful for having brought you into my life and getting to meet you in person.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.