Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Scribble Picnic - Fill In the Blank Rectangle -



I was on a mission to get this done yesterday, Tuesday, ready for today's picnic,
IF the fog clears (see HERE) we can throw down a blanket on the lawn under
 the fig tree and enjoy some sweet picnic snacks and a nice cuppa!

Yes, the tree is so tall now we can actually sit under it - a lot different from the little
 18" potted plant I dug the hole for (well Bob probably did that bit - I just point and
 ask nicely if he'll dig right there please!) some years ago. Just look at those hefty
 branches now - and later in the year the figs will hopefully arrive again and be ripe
 for picking and jam making.

I saw my rectangle when I noticed one of the little birdhouses hanging in the tree 
in the heavy fog blanketing the garden. Photographing the roof at this angle
 I thought would be different. I edited my photo back to a sketch, added a tiny bit
of colored pencil, and outlined the roof.

I will soon be off to Patagonia! Being on a ship much of the time, I may miss 
 several Scribble picnics due to lack of Internet availability, speed and cost! 
 I'll do my best, but don't be surprised if I can't join in or leave comments - sorry!

Pop over to Michael's today here at the SCRIBBLE PICNIC - starting off with
 a blank will definitely bring some fabulous creativity to all the fun posts.

10 comments:

  1. This is so nice Mary :) I love that you feed the birds...what a nice image of sitting under the fig tree! I laughed at your comment about supervising the hole digging ha ha! :) Oh my gosh, enjoy your trip! I can't wait to see pictures from your adventure!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so elegant Mary...A rather lovely foggy atmosphere. A beautiful birdhouse, and that subtle pinkish color with the tree background is lovely. You always bless me with your exquisite talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully rendered piece for this special SP! It's nice the way this theme had us all looking around us for 'rectangle' ideas. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did find the perfect rectangle right there in your tree. Sounds like it would be a lovely picnic under the tree. I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip and that your little birds don't miss you too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect choice for the theme, Mary! How exciting about your trip to Patagonia…I’m sure you will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your post has me looking forward to the arrival of residents for our birdhouses.
    Have a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary,
    I love your new header. So light and airy and Spring like.
    A friend gave me a little fig tree last Summer. It grew inches every day. Now it's in my greenhouse waiting for Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, and I bet it feels like it was just yesterday when you planted your fig tree ... fig trees can become giants you know ... hope you have a big yard. Love the little bird house and a perfect rectangle indeed. Enjoy your travels and I will look forward to your return ...

    Andrea @ From the Sol

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you can;t join us, totally understood. I really don;t think you should think about picnics in virtual land vs picnics on ships and Patagonia! Enjoy, Mary! Can't wait to see what photos and stories you have for us upon your return. Do be careful out there and snap away!

    Ah, perfect stumpy rectangle there. Good catch and well done! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice eye to find this rectangle, so many possibilities for this shape!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.