Friday, March 17, 2023

Wearing and eating the green -

 


 Somewhat of a low key St. Patrick's Day here.
Fighting one's way to the bar in the American version of an Irish pub
is hard enough on a regular day, doing it this evening would likely be an act
of futility . . . . . . especially as it will be raining and any outdoor seating
 for the overflow of patrons unpleasant. 
Instead, I made my usual pistachio muffins. They are also perfect
to bake for Easter.

If you would like the easy recipe click below -
 https://abreathoffreshair-mary.blogspot.com/2020/04/bakery-style-pistachio-muffins.html 
where I shared my version before and readers tried and liked.

Sending you good wishes for a fun St. Patrick's Day.
I'm off to don a greenish sweater and my only emeralds. They are set in a
lovely pair of silver earrings, crafted by an English jeweler in my brother's
 French village, far from Ireland, a country we truly love and hope
 to visit again  . . . . .  and where Bob will continue the ancestry search for
 his paternal grandfather's family from County Kerry.




10 comments:

  1. It can be so much better to create your own fun and it sounds as if you will be beautifully dressed for the day! 🍀

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ancestry searches are so worthwhile. Even when the great grandparents turn out to be a mixture of Nobel Prize winners and fall down drunks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Mary,
    Happy Saint Patrick's day to you and Bob.
    The commercial thing around this day has nothing to do with its origin...
    WISH I could dress in anything but with that stupid knee immobilizer I cannot wear pants or whatever.
    Hate these weeks... but every day is one.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I spent a brief time - a day and a half - in Dublin last May and loved my visit to what was identified as the oldest pub in town! Excellent food!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how lovely to wear Emeralds on St. Patrick's Day! All the better to eat those delicious muffins. Erin Go Bragh, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You'd think that with "my" Irish Pub functioning as my outsourced sitting room, and with my husband's family originating from Ireland (long ago), I'd be celebrating St. Patrick's Day every year... truth is, I never have done! The pub is way too crowded for my liking on that night, and although I do wear green from time to time, I never do it specifically on March 17...
    Does it count that I added fresh avocado to my salad last night? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm afraid St. Patrick's day passes by without much notice here in spite of Tim's great-grandparents coming from the Old Country. We would love to visit Ireland one day. Wearing emeralds on the day is something I would welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary, love, love, love your new Header...the best one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pubs has been celebrating Saint Patrick's day here in Sweden too! I'm going to Dublin in April, it will be sooo interesting...
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love the color green and emeralds. So glad you have some to wear on this holiday of greens. I am late with the St. Patrick's best wishes, but hope you had a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.