Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Hello from New England -


Just a quick post!
As most of you know, the New England states are not strangers to me.
I lived in New Hampshire and Massachusetts for 12 years when first
 married. Bob took me to live in his hometown, Manchester, NH. 
I spent summers on the beautiful beaches of Maine, time in Vermont 
enjoying the countryside and mountains. Boston was the place when
 city life was required for a change of pace.
Almost every year since moving south to North Carolina, 46 years ago,
we've returned here to visit family, friends. . . . . . and favorite places that 
remain in our memories. There's nothing like 'the old days' and, although
the city is not the same, we still enjoy rambling around!

Our trip to the coast of New Hampshire and Maine is always the best. 
We had a wonderful time in perfect weather, around 80F and no 
humidity.
Look across the beach and you can see Cape Neddick with the lighthouse.


Nubble Lighthouse, Cape Neddick, York, Maine.
A really beautiful spot to sit, relax, and just look out across the water,
grateful for so much in life.



Enjoying this trip, as always.
Eating good seafood. . . . . . . in fact just leaving the hotel now for
another favorite restaurant in town. I can already taste a fresh broiled 
 haddock dish which I'll enjoy as I haven't eaten since breakfast!
More another day.


11 comments:

  1. Dear Mary, what a stunning photo of the lighthouse and surrounds. It really is picture perfect. New England is so beautiful, and I can imagine you enjoying the beaches and scenery, as well as the seafood. Our only visit to the area was over 20 years ago, and I loved it - especially the lobster! The red-roofed white house reminds me of Quebec, where many are painted in this way. So pretty. Have a fabulous holiday xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased for you - everything about this trip sounds and looks wonderful!
    With this area holding friends, family and many favourite places, what made you move to NC originally? Was it work-related? I often wonder why people leave their home towns if they don't absolutely have to (because of war, a catastrophe such as earthquake or flood, or bare economical necessity). For many, it is love - my late husband left England and came to Germany because of me, and I know your Bob is the reason why you never returned to England permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful scenery you are enjoying on your vacation, especially the lighthouse. I hope you are enjoying every moment. A break from our heat sounds delightful. I am just happy today we will only be in the 80s. Still humid though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy that you are enjoying a nice summer getaway in such a beautiful and familiar place. I have spent time along that part of the east coast but it was many many years ago. Sending love to you and Bob- Al and I are making the most of a rather mild summer here in the Midwest which is very trying for me. I created new garden beds all around my backyard and scouted out every nursery within 30 miles for plants, so I have kept busy for most of the summer. I miss you both terribly. ♥️

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely region, and one that I would love to have visited. The lighthouse looks so charming.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How could you leave an area that has beautiful beaches, a lighthouse high over the cliffs, moored boats, fish restaurants and no horrible humidity??? I would live there forever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks and sounds lovely, dear Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy you are having a good trip. Your pictures are stunning and so inviting. I want to be right there on that beach and eating seafood.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! So beautiful...
    Have a happy time and take care!
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how beautiful Mary. Many years ago I was in New Hampshire. I think it is one of the most beautiful states I have ever visited. My sister-in-law and hubby had a picture of that lovely lighthouse. So glad you had a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.