Thursday, August 3, 2023

Sad Loss of a special blog friend -



 

Remembering a special lady from the State of Maine, Vee.


Vee's blog, A Haven for Vee, was a favorite of many of us who
started blogging in the early days of social media. 
She continued to share her life with us until May of this year when
 her illness became more difficult.
If you've been blogging for some time you may recall and were
 perhaps even a part of Vee's fun monthly Note Card Party
circa 2013.
Vee has left us now after several years of living with cancer.
I know she is now now pain free, in a place of comfort, 
surrounded by love and her dear ones who passed before her.
She will be greatly missed, both here in the vastness of the online
community, and by her special loving family and many friends in
Maine and many other places.

Many thanks to blogger Abby who, in the link below, notified us of 
Vee's death (July 23, 2023) and included the link to her obituary.

https://ahavenforvee.blogspot.com/2023/07/this-is-abby-from-little-birdie.html




Vee, a lovely lady who will be missed but never forgotten.




14 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your special remembrance of Vee. I enjoyed reading her blog as well. Jan H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for telling us about Vee, sometimes blogs just disappear and we wonder. I was blog friends with Vee, sad to hear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, always upsetting when bloggers suddenly stop posting with no reason given.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea that over the years bloggers can establish a relationship that feels like a true friendship. We wait for their weekly post and respond exactly as we would with a friend or family member who moved to a distant home.
    Rest in peace, Vee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vee was a lovely woman and though we never met in person I always felt her to be a great friend over the Internet.

      Delete
  4. I did not know this blogger, but I'm so sorry to hear of her passing. May she rest in peace now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie, I'm sure Vee is at peace and with her late husband again - she was a true Christian.

      Delete
  5. How sad to love a blog friend, Mary. I never knew her blog, but I am sure it was lovely. A few years back a Canadian blogger I loved passed away, and I was so sad. Blogging keeps us in touch, even if we never meet. I have been remiss in not blogging recently - but have started again after a few hiccups. I just saw all your tomato recipes - how delicious your Summer is! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trish, glad you stopped by and thank you for acknowledging Vee despite not following her blog.
      You and I go back many years too thanks to our blogs. Hope you continue to post now and then, have to say we all seem to be slowing down. I am on IG now also - it's so much quicker to keep in touch - granddaughter set me up a year ago and have to say I was hooked from the start!!!!
      Hope all well in Australia x

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure the blog world will ever be the same without Vee in it. She was one of the first people to leave me a comment and I always enjoyed reading them along with her blog through the years. She could write so well and her comments were so thoughtful and kind. I'm glad you shared your memories in this post. When we lose our blogging friends it always seems sad not to have anybody to talk to about the loss. A bit strange how we can feel so close to someone we have not met in person. I agree that it is good to know that she is now pain free and reunited with John in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, The above comment was from me. Not sure why it showed up as anonymous :/

      Delete
  7. I didn't really know Vee, but remember you mentioning her in the past. I may have visited her blog a time or two. Sympathy goes to you and her family. Sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to read that your friend Vee passed.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.