Thursday, October 5, 2023

Good things come to those who wait!

 


Thoughts on traveling require a nice cup of tea and something sweet. 

I've been awaiting another trip home. We were there last year in the lovely month of June, this year we're crossing the pond in October. It's different packing for a cool weather trip when bulky, sometimes heavy, items of clothing are required. . . . . .and we all know how boots and shoes weigh so much more than sandals! These last few weeks I've chosen my clothes and footwear, then had to rethink the whole situation as to what to wear if cold, if wet, even unusually warm, as the climate seems to make odd, expected, changes this year. I'm embarrassed to tell you how many times things have been returned to closets and drawers!!! Today I think I have it done and I feel happy with what I will be packing tomorrow. I will be ready for whatever the weather throws at us, and whatever social situation pops up, from walking the beach to dining out in a posh restaurant. Yes, tomorrow is that day! Getting all the stuff into the suitcase might be a challenge but hopefully it will all work out. Also, my hair is cut, Bob and I had pedicures yesterday, I had my nails done today. We are ready to fly, literally!

I will be be seeing family and long time friends. My brother and family will fly over from France and spend a few days with us. I will also be meeting up for a cuppa  with a fun blog friend of several years, and her husband, for the first time. . . . .that's always exciting. Recently, we met a charming English couple visiting Raleigh and now are back home in the UK. As they will be in my hometown for a short break during our stay, we are getting together again for dinner at their lovely hotel which is also a favorite of ours, and where, long ago, we had my late mother's wake as it was her favorite place to eat and sit out on the patio viewing the beautiful seascape.

I've had no time to blog lately and I apologize for not commenting on your recent blogs. I do read them and promise to get back with you when I return from England. I admit that I now find preparing for overseas travel a little more difficult. . . . .I know I've slowed down a bit and not always able to keep up with you 'youngsters' out there. I turn 80 later this month! Where the heck have all those years gone?  I will continue to do what I can do even if takes longer.  You may see me here whilst in England - if not, you know I'm having too good a time with my loved ones, haha!!!



Cheerio for now!



16 comments:

  1. Safe travels, Mary and Bob! How exciting that you're going back to England. It sounds like you have some wonderful times awaiting across the pond. How long will you be gone?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been anticipating this trip for some time, Mary, and I wish you much joy as you visit your birth place. It sounds like you have some wonderful things planned, and the wardrobe to accommodate your itinerary. You are such a thoughtful and intentional person.
    Have a wonderful time. Hello to Bob!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Safe travels. Enjoy your time in England. I am feeling a longing to visit London this year. It's weird because I'm not a city person but anywhere is better than what this island has been turned into. Hope you'll be sharing some photos, here or on IG. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure my first comment made it. But, if not, safe travels and have a wonderful time

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheerio! Have a safe journey and a GREAT time when you're there! I suppose you are going to celebrate your 80th birthday while you're in England. It'll be my Mum's turn next year - we'll have to start talking about what she wants to do pretty soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Catching up with family and friends is as much fun as visiting foreign cathedrals and theatres. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy your home country Mary and come soon - the weather forecast for next week is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy travelling Mary, and enjoy your reunions. It seems a long time since we met!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have lots of exciting events planned, enjoy it all. I have just returned from a holiday in Switzerland. The weather forecast was grim, non stop rain, so warm clothes went into the case, then sunshine was forecast so summer clothes replaced a few of the warmer ones, then a few t-shirts for layers - just in case. The weather was glorious, I could have taken mostly summer clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish you and your husband a wonderful time with your family and friends and your Heimat. Enjoy and be safe! Britta

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a happy and safe travel Mary! Enjoy!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looking forward to meeting you! And …btw…it’s warm here right now! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I see it's warm - hoping it cools a bit otherwise I have packed the wrong clothes!!!!
      Just locked the suitcases, heading to the airport in an hour. See you soon.
      Mary xx

      Delete
  13. I hope you both have a wonderful and safe trip, Mary. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Have a terrific time. We will be here to hear about your adventures when you return.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.