Sunday, October 11, 2020

Kitchen tastes this weekend -



Butternut Squash soup, delicious!

Tasty pasta with haricots verts, cannellini beans and pine nuts.




A sweet Autumn dessert!

 I enjoy cooking this time of year - how about you?

This weekend is bringing rain, heavy at times.
I'll perhaps bake bread and make potato and leek soup.
I've cooked every day since end of March!

*********************

I'll be taking a break from blogging this week as my MacBook Air
is going on a trip to Apple repair. I've waited months for an appointment
 due to COVID and at last have one tomorrow afternoon. Like many people
 with 2018-2019 models, I have one of those bad butterfly keyboards which
 is now almost impossible to type on as it repeats letters constantly, along
 with other crazy stuff, and I spend ages correcting everything I type.
I do still have my older, sluggish MacBook Air which I can use in a pinch.

Stay well - be safe.
I'll be back as soon as I can.

A very happy Thanksgiving weekend to my Canadian friends.

 

13 comments:

  1. Your soups look so delicious! Can you access your blog on your phone---if it's an iPhone of course? I hope it all works out. I sent you a lengthy email...I hope you can read it soon.

    Jane xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your meals all sound wonderful. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I have to giggle. I just recently purchased a new apple laptop. My old one was probably 12 years old. Apple support called it Vintage. Loving this new one, but miss the feeling of success of making something old work. Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Mary,
    Your food selection for a delicious autumn meal look magazine worthy!
    Good luck with your MacBook!
    Mine was out of order from April till late August and all Apple Stores being closed we had to travel for getting it someplace else, offered by Apple as a solution...
    Rough times for many usual businesses...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your food always looks so delicious. I'm making enchiladas tonight.

    Sorry to hear about your computer. I'm not familiar with Apple products. We're strictly Android/Windows users.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Autumn is a wonderful time for cooking and your choices look delicious! We celebrated a different sort of Thanksgiving here - sitting apart to eat, hand sanitizing, and more. We had planned an outdoor hot dog roast but the rain put paid to that so we moved it indoors. I miss the turkey stuffing, though - always my favourite part of the meal.
    I hope your computer comes back fixed and ready to work well! Meanwhile, enjoy that pumpkin bread, and the soup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck with the computer repair work.
    The pumpkin bread looks delicious! I have a small pumpkin I may cook up soon and make pumpkin bread.
    So far it has been ginger spice cookies and caramel corn.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad that you're computer is getting fixed. You can't have that going on.

    You always share wonderful autumn dishes and that pumpkin bread with toffee sauce looks amazing. I'm going to try to forget it. 😉

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Mary,
    Your pumpkin bread with Toffee sauce makes my mouth water. And of course, your butternut squash soup looks delicious. -++

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cooking in the fall! That soup looks really delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely dishes, all of them look and sound mouth-watering!
    All the best for your computer repair... Looking forward to reading from you soon again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The food looks delicious, Mary! Good luck with the MacBook repairs. Hopefully you won't be without it for too long. Potato and leek soup sounds like a perfect choice for rainy weather. Have a wonderful week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. It all looks so good. Recently I made your pasta recipe with the baked tomatoes. I loved it. You always have the best recipes. That pumpkin bread with toffee sauce - WOW! It looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.