Friday, May 6, 2022

Pretty in Pink + Wildlife!



This has been another crazy, far too busy week. 
The garden took up a lot of time.
Household things went wrong and kept us on our toes.
Appointments had to be kept.
Hair cut - shorter as weather heating up.
Purchased an iPhone 13 Pro Max, love it.
Food shopping and cooking for company.
Cat sitting again for my neighbor.

I'm hoping for a weekend where I can just sit a while, gather my senses
 and make plans for what looks like an even more hectic week ahead as we
will be taking a little trip.

I'm going to Van Gogh The Immersive Experience on
 Mother's Day with granddaughter Jasmin.
We love Van Gogh's work and I visited his last home in Auvers-sur-Oise
 at the Auberge Ravoux (click to read and view photos from that visit.)
 Also took Jasmin to Arles, Provence several years ago where we visited
 his yellow house, climbed the stairs to his bedroom, and other locations
 where he painted his remarkable canvasses.

"Glance up at the glimmering heavens of The Starry 
Night, admire the Almond Blossoms bursting into flower. 
Take a step into the world of Van Gogh's most iconic
 works of art and experience what it is to be inside a painting!"






Beside the pink roses, the pink peonies have also bloomed this week and
 many other plants and shrubs are filling out with lush leaves and buds.


Our weather has been fine with hot days reaching almost 90F but low humidity, 
and no mosquitoes yet which was great for working outside.  This will change
 soon of course and later today bad weather is expected with possible severe storms . . . . . .


. . . . . . .hopefully not upsetting my little baby bunny.
I prepared him for rain yesterday by accidentally watering him with
the garden hose!


Speaking of arriving wildlife. . . . . I also have Charlie gecko
 back on the front porch which makes me think he hibernated 
nearby all winter.
He was bright green before jumping on my new chair cushion where
he immediately changed to brown to blend in, wonderful camouflage!


Yes, all is very green here. This week I also cleaned out the potting shed
 with a little help.  As mentioned before, April and May are beautiful months
 in this part of America and gardening keeps us so busy.

Enjoy your Mother's Day weekend.


11 comments:

  1. Your garden certainly does look really pretty in pink - the colours in our garden are currently predominately citrus yellow from the Peoni trees and the deep magenta of the Honesty and Alliums.
    Several of my granddaughters have also been to the Van Gogh Immersive Experience in both London, Bristol, and Edinburgh - they must have an awful lot of these sets of the experience going around the world. They loved it as I am sure you will too. Enjoy your Mothers Day's with JasminX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blooms are gorgeous, Mary! I hope you have a wonderful outing with Jasmin and get to reminisce together about your French trip - it looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful those roses and the peonies are! Your garden is a delight, Mary (and Bob). I would love to attend the Van Gogh immersive experience - it was in Vancouver, but during Covid and travel was somewhat restricted. I've heard rumours that it may come to our town, and I will certainly visit if it does. Enjoy! We visited Auvers-sur-Oise on our trip to that area, too. I'm off to read your post about it.
    Have a good weekend, and a fine Mother's Day, Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reading about all you have been up to, don‘t you sometimes wonder yourself how you ever managed to fot everything in when you still worked?
    Great pictures, as always! Love the roses, bunny and gecko.

    A Spanish musician living in Amsterdam whom I was briefly romantically involved with LOVES Van Gogh - he lives near the museum, and has been painting variations of the sunflowers many times. One such variation is on my kitchen wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very lovely garden you have, Mary. You are well ahead of us with your roses, mine are only just beginning to open.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a nice post with beautiful pictures of your garden. So you're a Mama Rabbit...never would have thought that. 😁 Have a wonderful Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The garden is looking so wonderful and I love your little wild friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What beautiful pink roses and peonies Mary. I hope you have a lovely Mother's Day and enjoy the Van Gogh experience. We also have visited the Van Gogh places in Provence, in 2019, and our tour included a similar Van Gogh film experience in same vast caverns in the area. It was incredible! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your roses are beautiful! Enjoy the Van Gogh exhibit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dear Mary,
    what an oasis you have created! Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sweet little bunny! I do love when they visit.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.