Today will be busy around the cottage. In fact the entire weekend is filled with things to get done. Life is hectic but wonderful.
Here's my Saturday 'to do' list.
- Early today, deadhead the rose bushes and trim the periwinkle and ivy bed
- Water the flower pots and large shrubs before the heat sets in
- Do laundry and ironing of travel clothes
- Start packing for the trip to the North Carolina mountains next week
- Shop for salad greens
- Make the delicate orange flavored Gâteau Piège for tea, pictured above from when I made it last time, yum! Thanks to the delightful Clotilde Desoulier's recipe from her sweet cookbook, Chocolate & Zucchini ~ Daily Adventures in a Parisian Kitchen
- Catch up on e-mails
- Learn more about my fabulous new SLR camera
- Learn more about the fabulous lens I purchased to use with the camera
- Complete the rebate paperwork to make the lens a little less costly!
- Practice, practice, practice taking photos
- Gift a special first grader with a digital point and shoot to get her interested in photography
- Check paperwork/packing list for the next big adventure coming soon!
- Have afternoon tea in the gazebo with a slice of above cake
- Make a healthy salad for supper
- Sip an aperitif on the front porch while gazing through the blue hydrangeas
- Listen to the evening songbirds as dusk falls over dinner in the gazebo
- Watch the movie Cairo Time
Are you resting and relaxing this weekend ~ or working on your own 'to do' list?