Thursday, June 28, 2018

Oh deer!




Just as we readied to leave for the airport early on Tuesday, this sweet Ms. Deer
 arrived in the garden. She was heading for the sunflowers!
"Please don't chew them" I yelled out - and then she moved toward the fig tree.  
Luckily Bob was able to clap his hands very loudly and she eventually ran off to
 the wooded area on the far side of the cul-de-sac!

Speaking of which. . . . . . .my neighbor just informed me that they are 
digging up the street in front of our houses and apparently resurfacing 
both our patch of street and the entire cul-de-sac!  
Hopefully it will look quite spiffy when we return and the low dip on the street,
 right behind Ms. Deer, which takes so long to thaw when we have ice
 and snow in winter, will no longer be a problem.

In Bangor, Maine tonight. Rain all day, driving somewhat rough, but hoping for a 
sunny day tomorrow as we plan to visit Acadia National Park on Mt. Desert Island,
and I hope to get some photos to share with you.



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy your trip, dear Mary! Ms Deer will probably venture back into your garden while you are away; you can't help it and at least your sunflowers will make a lovely treat for her (if she will indeed chew them).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when the deer and elk come to visit. 'Course, most mountain people believe that the animals are really the ones with primary rights to the vegetation.....no matter how much it hurts to see them munching on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping the deer doesn't return while you are gone too. Oh, Acadia, I have wanted to go there for a long time. Enjoy! I will look forward to your pictures. On my news it says it is suppose to be hot even that far north. When I heard that I thought of you and Bob traveling north. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It'll be nice being away while this work is done. I hope that you've been enjoying the wonderful weather; I hear that it will be a beautiful week with only scattered showers. Looking forward to seeing those photos.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.