Sunday, June 10, 2018

Staycation, morning after, and theatre. . . . . . .


. . . . . . . . a morning walk around Midtown where, tucked 
between the hi-rise buildings with offices and parking decks, are some
really neat, colorful spaces for exercising, relaxing, eating lunch, having a 
coffee etc.
Being Saturday morning it was quiet and peaceful. We've decided 
to try to pop over here early mornings more often to walk.







With several new buildings completed this year, many more shops are
 setting up for business on the street level - this one is new to me and
  already open. . . . . . . .


. . . . . . and this sign hopefully means we'll get a really good place to relax, 
in a wine bar/art gallery which is more to my liking than noisy sports bars,
 of which there are several nearby.
This area of our city has definitely changed over the past few years,
mostly for the good thankfully.

So we headed home from our night in Midtown then, last evening, 
thoroughly enjoyed a hilarious theatre production of 
'Don't Dress for Dinner' - I don't think I've ever laughed so much!

Photos via iPhone


6 comments:

  1. Glad you had such a great time - and did not even have to travel far for it! Always good tomsee a tired part of a town gets a new lease on life with changes for the better. The colours make the place look very summerly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved our brief visit to Raleigh. We actually saw a lot while driving around lost! It's nice that you get out to enjoy the city, I enjoyed your pictures. You and Bob are looking well.

    Humidity and severe thunderstorms here today. We are getting ready to go to our oldest granddaughter's ballet recital. Should be very sweet!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful ballet - little girls should all learn at least the basics for balance and good deportment.

      Thanks for the kind words Jane - I must admit we are feeling our age some days but hope to keep going. Notice we had to sit down on that Sat. morning walk, haha!

      Delete
  3. It looks like a lovely and relaxing part of town.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of color there, and those interesting benches with the very tall backs look inviting. I like your longer hair, Mary (though maybe you've cut it again now that it's getting so hot and humid in your area). You always look very smart!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara for those kind words.
      Yes, I too love those benches - so different.
      I have been growing my hair for a year - its such a slow process though and this week when I go for my color (yes I admit to it) I may just tell her to chop it off again! Now it's on my lower neck it IS hot - and tying it back is going to take many, many more months so won't be possible THIS summer, sigh!
      "Growing old gracefully" is a lot of hard work methinks!

      Hugs - Mary

      Delete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.