Saturday, January 16, 2021

Morning Light -


On Tuesday in my post on re-blooming, the amaryllis looked like THIS
Tightly budded and full of promise.
As I said, patience was all that was required, plus a refreshing
weekly drink and a sunny window.

These photos were taken early today.  
Two blooms open and two more to go.



This is all you need to know regarding tossing your lovely amaryllis bulbs 
after their initial bloom, usually timed for the Christmas holiday season.
Save them, plant them outside come Spring and give them time and TLC.

Planting them in the garden in Spring through late Summer isn't 
difficult, then a couple of months in low light - for me it's the potting
 shed - and then re-pot in Autumn. Look what awaits you, more
 beautiful blooms to enjoy on these Winter mornings. 

Don't be surprised if I show you this beauty at least once more when
the other buds open!  There may be nothing in bloom outside in the
 garden but here in the dining room it's colorful.

18 comments:

  1. What a beautiful flower Mary! Thanks for the gardening tip too. Having flowers bloom in the winter is just what I need! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rain - hope you will grab some of these bulbs, you won't be disappointed!
      Stay warm up there in Canada - Mary

      Delete
  2. I was given one for Christmas, but it is only just beginning to shoot out of the bulb. It is the same lovely colour as yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patience dear Barbara - good things comes to those who wait - and let's face we have time to wait these days! Make sure to show us a photo of your blooms when they arrive.
      Mary -

      Delete
  3. That's such a beautiful colour. I've not had amaryllis for several years, but you inspire me to give them a try again. I'm not fond of the red ones and that's usually what I see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Red ones are nice for Christmas but my favorites are definitely the paler shades - so easy on the eye.
      Mary -

      Delete
  4. Dearest Mary,
    Your Amaryllis photos are magazine worthy!
    Enjoy them while they last.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mariette - I get much pleasure from these lovelies!
      Mary -

      Delete
  5. It's beautiful and dramatic. Sounds as it is pretty easy to keep them going from year to year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! It brightens up,the whole place, doesn‘t it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where’s the stick to keep it upright?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took it out as it's a sturdy stem, however may replace if it gets too much taller!
      Mary -

      Delete
  8. How is it standing upright without the stick? At first I had wondered about all of those sticks in your pots. Now I understand as mine was standing tall yesterday - and on the floor this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really get 'a bang for your buck' with these beautiful flowering bulbs Vee - some people have kept them blooming for many, many years! The fact they will bloom in the garden in summer and then again in winter indoors is awesome isn't it?
    Mary -

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never grown amaryllis. I always thought of them as 'fussy'. Your is a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's beautiful! So worth saving! My "live-in gardener" just keeps them in the pot in the gardenhouse until fall and then repots them. They often bloom again for him.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just stunning! I'll be sure to get one this year.

    Jane x

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.