Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Dressing up, or down, for Spring -



In my previous post, my sleeplessness story included just a mention of 'pandemic dressing.'  Elastic waist jogger pants I believe! I probably came across as an older woman who has now resorted to old lady dressing!  But that's not so. Yes, I am older but if you know me you also know I love fashion. Always have, always will.
However, you can't get away from it, fashion has changed a lot for most of us in this past year. I for one have not made any real 'fashionable clothing' purchases. . . . . have you?


These days getting dressed takes much less effort.  
Pull on a comfortable bottom - I so love those knit jogger pants for chilly days purchased at Target I went back and bought five more pairs - and pull something cozy, light, non-itchy over the head, and you're ready to go. "Go where?" you might say. That's a question to which most of us have a simple answer today. . . . . .and the past three to four hundred previous pandemic days!


But now spring is coming and we may soon want to dress a little differently. Lighter weight, prettier colors, linens and cottons etc. Maybe skirts rather than pants at times, looser, cooler knit tops with shorter sleeve lengths, sandals rather than sneakers and booties.


All these clothes in such inviting spring/summer colors are from the POETRY spring catalog. Somehow I got on their mailing list a couple of years back. They are based in England and do have online sales direct from across the pond. I have admired much of their clothing, styles/fabrics/colors, however their prices are somewhat high and I don't know anyone who has purchased from them so wonder if the quality is that good. If you happen to have purchased from them I'd love to hear from you, thanks.




Other news: I'm now 99% gray-haired. One more haircut and I can say it took 13 months of no color and several haircuts to go from my red, chin length, straight, blunt bob to a short wavy silver pixie! I was only able to handle this transformation because of the pandemic. Not going far from home, or needing to look put together with perfect hair, helped a lot. Wearing hats last summer when I looked so bad with half red and half gray tresses helped. Now perhaps I need to find new colors to wear with gray hair. Let's go shopping soon!

My daffodils are blooming - Spring is on the way!

11 comments:

  1. Go where? So true!

    I hope that once you have your new spring outfit that you'll give us a glimpse of the new you. You're not going to believe this, but I saw a linen jacket in a spring catalog this morning and thought of you. Funny how we do that with our blogging friends.

    Have fun shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was working full time and had some disposable income I bought clothes from Poetry. They were indeed expensive but very good quality.
    My current style is relaxed shabby..not chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dearest Mary,
    No, those styles are NOT for me.
    Just biked and wore a longer t-shirt over my biking shorts.
    Either shorts or long pants and nothing baggy!
    We dress usually for going to Church and for just around home, it is conveniently in shorts. So much is blooming right now and the sunny, warm day helped!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to see a photo of you with your "new" hair! I bet you look stunning with silver hair.

    I'm not into fashion, but I do need some new pants for spring. Need to go shopping soon! I am actually out and about quite often...mostly not very exciting places, such as the grocery store and vet. But I've been out to eat several times (restaurants are open for dine-in here), a coffee shop a couple of times, the library, and a couple of vintage stores.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As you head into Summer, we are embracing slightly cooler weather and look forward to our short Winter. Pandemic clothes have changed everything! I resisted for ages, and have ended up with too many 'fashion' items, hardly worn. With the cooler weather, I need some of those Target pants, which look very suitable for casual winter wear here. And I love the pale green sweather - I want one :) It is such a change, going to our grey hair. I startled someone yesterday, as we have not met up for months. Sometimes I hardly know who I am any more. Good to see daffodils, one of my favourites. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, please show us a picture of your new hair! I can't wait for mine to be entirely rid of the colour. In hindsight, I should have never started colouring. When I was close to 40, I let myself being talked into it by three people whose opinion mattered to me back then - my husband, my sister and a dear colleague. Now I am almost 53 and still having aggressive chemicals put on my head every three weeks - how daft can one be sometimes!
    Lovely spring colours. I am looking at the contents of my wardrobe and looking forward to warmer weather, allowing me to wear certain items again. At the moment, I am not planning on buying anything new - there is still one dress I have not yet worn since I bought it last spring, just before the first lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To be honest, I've forgotten what the interior of a clothes shop looks like. Missing the liberty we all had. The feeling of being able to go anywhere you please and actually come in contact with people is going to feel so intoxicating. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll second (third) the requests for a photo of you with your silver hair. I know that you will rock the look just as you did with your red hair. I'm looking forward to wearing lighter clothes, and more colour. Linen shirts, skirts, chinos, dresses - bring them on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all of the clothes you have shown here. I bet you look wonderful in your silver pixie cut!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love, love your fashion posts; as I also love fashion. I am noticing more fuller legs on pants and wondering if I want to go that direction. I do look, but only bought one top and one casual dress in the past year. Oh, I did just order a new pair of jeans too. I actually have enjoyed the dress, which in the past I rarely wore. I am wanting to order something soon, but not quite yet. Also looking forward to sandals instead of sneakers.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.