Friday, December 24, 2021

Christmas Eve in the morning. . . . .



I wasn't planning to post this morning but I had to share this truly 
beautiful sunrise which lit up my corner of the world early today.
I was down the stairs, out in the garden in my robe with my phone
as soon as I awoke when I noticed the glow through the upstairs
 bedroom window!


Some last minute kitchen prep on the 'to do' list for a few visitors
 stopping by today.  
My kitchen calendar - Angela Harding's always delightful illustrations 
of British scenes - flipped to December which seems to be passing
 so quickly.  Once we are past Christmas this long, and again difficult 
year, will be gone and recorded in the history books.
My 2022 calendar, also twelve months of Angela's art, will be
hung soon and plans will be made which hopefully will come to fruition.

Again my best wishes for your Christmas, may it be merry and bright.
No snow here, in fact it will be one of the warmest holidays ever!
Thank you for continuing to visit me here from around the world. . . . and
I look forward to our time shared in words, pictures and thoughts
 in the coming year.
A very happy, healthy and peaceful Christmas.



11 comments:

  1. Happy Xmas to you.Stay safe,relax and enjoy.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas .. May all your wishes come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas to you, Mary and Bob. What a beautiful way to start the day! Preparations are on-going here, too, and I've just made a cup of tea and opened my computer.
    Love,
    Lorrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Mary,
    What a glorious sky you show us here! We never can view much sky... too many huge trees around.
    This year passed by way too fast! Even though I'd hoped to have everything back to 'normal' before Christmas. The painters left yesterday after doing a 2nd stroke on the driveway side, the one side that is very high, two stories. They will be back next week to do all three entrance doors. We had some frost at night and it will be sunny and warming up next week for having all doors open during the day... So glad that in 2021 we get it DONE!
    Merry Christmas to you and hope you stop by for getting a glimpse of my Händel's Messiah singing as soprano in the choir with orchestra. A full day of twice rehearsal (orchestra members had to come from Atlanta, Macon and other locations more than an hour away) and twice performance. Pieter would not have wanted to miss any of them and he even sat through the 2nd rehearsal, with a book, but he enjoyed it. Feeling happy that no matter what will happen, this is a good lasting memory and a very special one, captured by our local TV station and on YouTube.
    Merry Christmas and enjoy your guests on Christmas Day.
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to wish you and Bob a Very Happy Christmas, Mary. And I just might order one of those gorgeous calendars as a Christmas present to me. lol Enjoy your day tomorrow. lots of love, Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Merry Christmas to you, too. I hope you have happy days in good health.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Christmas - its mid day here on Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a beautiful morning!!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas dear Mary!!! ♥♥♥🎄

    ReplyDelete
  9. That sunrise is truly spectacular - I am so pleased for you that you experienced it on this special day. Angela Harding‘s illustrations are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous morning sky, a Christmas gift from nature. I trust you had a lovely day, with good cheer and friends. It is already Boxing Day here, time to relax and recoup! 💖

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.