Thursday, December 30, 2021

Between the book covers -


There's something really special about friendships made with bloggers, even when one hasn't been fortunate enough to meet them in person . . . . . . yet!  They arrive on your computer screen in ways often unexpected, and you cannot always recall how they found you, or you them!

This year I 'met' wordsmith Mark Charlton, via his exceptional blog, VIEWS FROM THE BIKE SHED. I love Mark's posts on life in Wales and France. I have yet to read them all from years back, but will return to those as time permits because I have a feeling each one will have something of interest to tell me, teach me, or make me feel grateful that he took the time to share each post with us, his readers, in wonderful words and photos.  Mark leads a very busy life with his job, family, travels, creative and sports pursuits, blog posts etc., yet somehow squeezed in writing a remarkable book. 

COUNTING STEPS ~ A Journey through Landscape & Fatherhood has definitely been my personal favorite read of this year.  Here you see it waiting to be tucked into my 'favorite books' shelf - although I may just read it again before doing that! Thank you again for such a remarkable book Mark . . . . . . looking forward to your next one.



Thank you all for following my blog through yet another busy and
quite difficult year. 
You actually helped me through 2021 by reading my words, viewing
 my photography, and leaving such generous, often funny, but always
 greatly appreciated, comments. By doing all that you gave me the
 opportunity to 'follow' you, keeping up with old friends and making
 new ones.
I hope to see you here for a long time, you will always be welcomed.

I wish you all the best for the New Year.
May you and your loved ones stay safe and healthy, and be happy every day.






16 comments:

  1. I hope to see YOU hee for a long time, too, dear Mary! Your blog is always a pleasure to come to, like to the house of a good friend. Your photos are stunning and your remarks show what a kind and intelligent person you are.
    Happy New Year to you and Bob, too.
    Meike
    X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year Mary - here's hoping for better health throught the World - hoping the dreaded bug gets weaker and finally disappears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will check out his blog. It has been great visiting you here this year Mary. Wishing you and Bob a wonderful 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Mary,
    You never gave up. You wrote your blog almost every day. I know that it wasn't easy. I wish you the best of health for the coming year. Hopefully you and Bob can plan a visit to your home country in 2022. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes it's the small gestures we share with others that make the biggest impact. Mary, thank you for all you share. May you and Bob be blessed with the gift of time, health and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for your always lovely posts, dear Mary. They are bits of beauty in my world. I discovered Mark's blog this year, too, although I haven't explored his books.
    A very Happy and Healthy New Year to you and Bob. May 2022 bring much joy.

    Lorrie xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see that you're thinking big! Now I am so curious about the wordsmith in the bike shed that I must scurry off and see what that's all about. A blessed New Year to you. Hope it's better than the last several. 🙏🏼 🤞🏼 🙏🏼

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Mary,
    Yes, it is a wonderful meeting place of kindred spirits.
    What I love most is the original content with personal photos!
    It seems to become even more rare these days where so many on social media, just 'borrow' from others and pretend it is their image and/or message.
    SAD fact.
    You always know how to style things and through lots of world travel, you got an open mind about life and know how and what to write.
    Happy New Year and let's read each other many more times!
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy, happy New Year Mary & Bob ….. wishing you both the happiest, healthiest 2022, filled with lovely times. Sending love from the U.K. XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy New Year to you and your Bob.
    I always love visiting with you and your beautiful photography.
    So happy we have met once on the west coast and once on the east coast. So special!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Mary, What a sweet post for New Year. The books look really appealing, and your bookshelf/desk is a gorgeous piece of furniture. Thank you for sharing it. Have a Happy, Healthy and safe New Year to you and Bob, and I look forward to seeing more of your Breath of Fresh Air. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy New Year to you and Bob! I always enjoy your blog posts...will continue reading even if I decide to stop my blog sometime in 2022.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. HAPPY NEW YEAR Mary! Yes its fantastic to "meet" all bloggers and have new friends all over the world! I love visiting your blog and always amazing pictures...
    Titti

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Mary - the time, care and thoughts that you put here on your blog are clear to see as are your exceptional photographs. Nobody has a blog as uniquely attractive as yours, and I am happy to be able to say that not only do I know your blog but I have also had the pleasure of meeting both you and Bob💚

    ReplyDelete
  15. They arrive on your computer screen in ways often unexpected, and you cannot always recall how they found you, or you them!...... that is the best part, and I always like to surprise unknown bloggers by commenting on their blogs. They are totally surprised (and happy) about it. So why not make people happy at random :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh gosh, how delightful to see my book like that. It's a sense of deep satisfaction to me that you have read it and connected with what I was trying to say - perhaps, as much to myself as anyone else at the time. It's from responses like this that writers build the confidence to carry on. So thank you for your kind words and for the time you put into reading mine. Take care as always.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.