Saturday, November 19, 2022

SuzAnna's Antiques - Holiday Open House

SuzAnna's Antiques 2022




Many of you may recall my days at SuzAnna's Antiques. Memories are many and happy. The friends made there during the years when I shared a booth with Vanessa, and then my granddaughter Jasmin working there for several years, all remain close to my heart. I look around the cottage and see so many things purchased there. Yes, SuzAnna's is special.
Now located further away from Raleigh I don't get there as often, but the Holiday Open House is never missed. This year we headed north with Jasmin, met up with Vanessa and her daughter Luna who have moved back to North Carolina from California (so glad!), and we joined the crowd of shoppers for a lovely evening with shop owners, mother and daughter Susie and Jennie.  
Did I buy anything? The brass angel came home and will soon be hanging somewhere for the Christmas holidays!  Despite trying to downsize I couldn't leave without something to remind me of another special visit.

So, who is already starting holiday decorating?  Perhaps most of you, like me, don't do much until after Thanksgiving here in the USA. I have noticed in my neighborhood some lights are being strung outside and probably by next weekend lighted trees will appear in windows. Dusk creeps in early now. Woodsmoke lingers in the colder air. We readied the fireplace this week and stacked wood near the back door. The fire tools are aging but a new fire screen looks smart, and unrolling the hearth rug brought back memories, fortunately no cinder burns so it will last a while longer!  We'll light a fire on Thanksgiving Day when it will be quite cold and cloudy.

Best wishes to all who will be celebrating Thanksgiving this Thursday.  


11 comments:

  1. I am so glad you were able to go visit your favorite place for the open house! It is actually 64 this morning here in Naples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Downsizing" is such a flexible concept :) I have been trying for a few months now and can see a difference.

    Happy holiday
    Hels
    Art and Architecture, mainly

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice reading about darker nights and winter weather for Christmas. Even after 57 years here in New Zealand a summer Christmas doesn't seem the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It‘s nice that you had the chance to go, and of course you had to bring home a little souvenir. My Mum and I have been to our family gardener‘s this afternoon; they were hosting their annual Advent exhibition and sale, complete with brass band, mulled wine and hot soup. We bought beautiful Avent wreaths, but mine will remain fresh and cool in the cellar until next Friday, in time for the first Advent weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A Christmas Open House is always fun. Glad you had good company going along with you as it always makes the excursion more fun. No Christmas decorating yet, but there's no need to wait with Thanksgiving happening elsewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun excursion with people you love. The brass angel will be beautiful in your home. No decorating here yet, although Tim hung the outside lights today while the sun was shining. Rain is in the forecast.
    Wishing you and Bob a very Happy Thanksgiving, Mary. Love from both of us.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Mary, the angel is perfection: it was meant to be yours! What a lovely outing you had. Suzanna's Antiques look so inviting. Yes, I always decorate early, and the tree is up and glittering. This year, I have reduced things considerably, because three tiny people now come to visit on a regular basis. I have put soft toys around the base of the tree, and most of my house decorating is what goes on the walls. Happy Thanksgiving dear Mary. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dear Mary - SuzAnna's Antiques really have a delightful display of eclectic things to tempt their visitors. However, like you I too am endeavouring to downsize, and planning to start in ernest during 2023. However, that little angel is a real charmer, and she would have been a temptation for me too. Best wishes to you and Bob for Thanksgiving on Thursday💗

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shop, I remember this one from some of your previous posts. The brass angel is beautiful, I can see why you couldn't pass it up! I'm the same...I am trying to downsize and I keep saying I don't need anything else, especially Christmas decor, but then oops, I'm in a vintage store and I see something I just can't pass up!

    Like you, I won't be decorating for Christmas until after Thanksgiving. If I don't talk to you before then, I hope you and Bob have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One word - WOW! What a place!!
    Love from Titti

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love Holiday events at antique shops. It is indeed difficult to not bring something home. Love your brass angel. At the event I recently attended I brought home a tiny tree to add to my growing forest. Yesterday I found an owl for one grandson. I add one bird to his tree each year. I won't decorate until Saturday, as our Thanksgiving dinner will take place on Friday this year. Oh the joys of having a grandson that goes between parents. Have a most wonderful Thanksgiving and decorating season.

    ReplyDelete

I would enjoy reading your comment - thanks so much for stopping by.